corner corner Twilight

Twilight
by Stephenie Meyer | Romance
Registered by winglunaciawing of Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, February 19, 2009

status (set by lunacia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglunaciawing from Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, February 19, 2009

When 17 year old Isabella Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father she expects that her new life will be as dull as the town. But in spite of her awkward manner and low expectations, she finds that her new classmates are drawn to this pale, dark-haired new girl in town. But not, it seems, the Cullen family. These five adopted brothers and sisters obviously prefer their own company and will make no exception for Bella. Bella is convinced that Edward Cullen in particular hates her, but she feels a strange attraction to him, although his hostility makes her feel almost physically ill. He seems determined to push her away, until, that is, he saves her life from an out of control car. Bella will soon discover that there is a very good reason for Edward's coldness. He, and his family, are vampires and he knows how dangerous it is for others to get too close.

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing from Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, February 19, 2009

I really enjoyed this book. One of the better books written for young adults. Well written and exciting!

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing from Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, February 19, 2009

INTERNATIONAL BOOKRING

The rules for this bookring are as follows:
* make a journal entry when you get the book
* read the book within a month - if delayed make sure to let us know why!
* when you've read the book, make a new journal entry telling us wat you thought about the book
* then send it to the next person on the list
* when sending the book, make sure to make a controlled release!

Participants:
* lunacia (Norway)
* DitteL (Denmark)
* Vilda (Sweden)
* Gealach (Sweden)
* Chickxsy (Norway)
* Fremmedordbok (Norway)
* pingucb (United Kingdom)
* earthcaroleanne (United Kingdom)
* Ythan (United Kingdom)
* luckof (Canada)
* FrancesinSA (South Africa)
<- the book is here

Related bookrings:
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn

Journal Entry 4 by winglunaciawing at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 19, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/19/2009 UTC) at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

The book was sent by post to DitteL today, and should arrive in not too long I hope...

Journal Entry 5 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The book arrived today. I'm really looking forward to reading it and finding out what all the fuss is about.

Journal Entry 6 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Thursday, March 05, 2009

I read the last couple of pages this morning and I don't really know what to think. On the one hand, I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and had a good flow where you keep turning pages. On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of romances and sometimes this book just made me laugh because of the "I love you" and "Don't leave me" scenes.

Luckily, I'm mostly positive towards the book as I've signed up for a ray'nbow for the next three books in the series. Hopefully, they won't arrive all at once as I think I need to read other books in between in order for me to find the continuing story of Bella and Edward interesting.

Thanks for sharing the book lunacia. I'll post it to its next reader later today.

Journal Entry 7 by DitteL at Frederiksberg, København Amt Denmark on Thursday, March 05, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at Frederiksberg, København Amt Denmark

On it's way to Sweden

Journal Entry 8 by wingVildawing from Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Monday, March 09, 2009

The book arrived today, thank u DitteL for sending it to me and to lunacia for the opportunity.

Journal Entry 9 by wingVildawing from Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, March 29, 2009

I adored this story. It made me feel a little like a teenager all over. (Not to say that my highschool sweetheart was like a vampire :-)). I am looking forward to the coming books, thank you once again lunacia for arranging this ray-nbow.

I will release the book to the next reader as soon as I have the address.

Journal Entry 10 by wingVildawing at Stockholm, Uppland Sweden on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at Stockholm, Uppland Sweden

Up, up and away, to the next reader.

Journal Entry 11 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tack, Vilda, för att du skickade boken så snabbt. Tyvärr hade jag otur och hann inte hämta ut den från posten innan vi åkte på semester, avin kom dagen innan vi åkte och jag kom inte hem förrän efter stängningsdags... :-(

Men nu ska jag se till att läsa ut den fort som attan så att den kan resa vidare.

Journal Entry 12 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, April 18, 2009

This book didn't really live up to my expectations. I couldn't really believe in the story, although it was pretty entertaining.

Journal Entry 13 by Gealach at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/20/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Går nu vidare till nästa person på listan! :-D

Journal Entry 14 by Chickxsy from Grorud bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Har mottatt bok! *lykke*
Vil med en gang si at jeg er 2,5 uker unna levering av avsluttende grad på høgskole, og det er visse muligheter for forsinkelse/at jeg tar stormlesing etter det... håpefullt klar iløpet av 30 dager!

Takk for rask levering Gealach!

Jeg likte boken, men hadde kanskje forventet mer? Men som flere sier om meg: så lenge det er enten vampyrer, varulver, blimps (zeppelinere) eller drager med er jeg fornøyd.

Nå går boken videre til neste så snart jeg får adressen!

Journal Entry 15 by Chickxsy at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 14, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (5/15/2009 UTC) at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases

I will post the book as soon as I get Fremmedordbok's adress. The book is ready to move on! =D

Journal Entry 16 by Fremmedordbok from Bergen, Hordaland fylke Norway on Saturday, May 16, 2009

The book arrived today! Thank you, Chickxsy!

Of course, I'm in the middle of my exams, so I hope I'll make it in a month, but I can't promise anything. I'll make a note if I see that I'll be short of time!

Looking forward to reading it anyways!

Journal Entry 17 by Fremmedordbok from Bergen, Hordaland fylke Norway on Thursday, June 04, 2009

This was an easy read! I really enjoyed the book, it was perfect to read during exams since it didn't take too much concentration to follow the story.

Looking forward to receiving the rest of the ray'nbow!

Now I'll wait for the pingucb's adress, and the book will travel on!

Journal Entry 18 by pingucb from Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

This has just arrived with me - thanks Fremmedordbok.
It's next on my list after my current book. Looking forward to it :-)

Journal Entry 19 by pingucb from Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'll admit I was dubious about this book - with all the hype surrounding it, I wasn't sure it would live up to expectation. In fact, I really enjoyed reading it - it's so easy to read, I finished it in just a couple of days (may sound a long time to some, but with a one-year old running round it's not easy these days!). I found myself wanting to know what happened next, the characters were portrayed well and the story had the right amount of suspense and interest to hold attention well. I'm really looking forward to the next in the series.

Have PM'd the next reader and will get the book in the post as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 20 by pingucb at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (6/27/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Posted this to earthcaroleanne today.
Sorry I didn't do it as soon as I planned, because I went back to work from maternity leave this week and have been a bit tied up with that. Have sent first class so hopefully should arrive quickly :-)

Journal Entry 21 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hi, received the book today. Unfortunately I won't get straight into it because I'm moving house on Friday but looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 22 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (7/15/2009 UTC) at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom

I enjoyed this much more than I expected to. In fact towards the end I was so into it that I was hoping I would finish it before my bus journey ended because I didn't want to stop.

I'm forwarding this on to the next person in the bookring. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by Ythan from Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 17, 2009

Arrived this morning. Thankfully I don't have any other bookrings/rays with me at the moment so I'll get started today. That's the first time this year I've been able to say that. :)

I had never heard of Stephenie Meyer until the film version came out last year. I had no great urgency to see the film but eventually rented it in May. I loved it. So like it or not i'm hooked. The question is, will the book have more detail than the film or will the film help me imagine the characters better in the book?

Update 3rd August:

I did enjoy the intensity of the book as much as the film. The film did help me to imagine the characters better, i can only imagine them as the actors and actresses who played the characters in the film. The only thing that annoyed me about the book was Bella and her major negativity at the beginning of the book. Thankfully her character got better. Looking forward to the next one. Will it get here before the next film comes out? (20.11.09)

Thanks for letting me take part. :)

Journal Entry 24 by Ythan at -- By Post or by Hand (including controlled releas, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 03, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (8/4/2009 UTC) at -- By Post or by Hand (including controlled releas, Scotland United Kingdom

Posting to luckof :)

Journal Entry 25 by luckof from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rec'd today and will start shortly -- when I finish my current read.

August 23/09 -- I finished this book today -- and I must say -- I did enjoy reading it but Bella's constant obsession with Edward was driving me crazy -- I get why the author did this - but still I think perhaps it was a bit over the top. I have PM'd the next reader on the list..sorry should have been more organized and had this done already -- but will send out early in the week. Thanks for sharing

Journal Entry 26 by luckof at Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, August 28, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (8/28/2009 UTC) at Barrie, Ontario Canada

I had contacted sarkiegirl but she stated that she was no longer part of the ring so I've posted today to South Africa...safe journey little book

Journal Entry 27 by FrancesinSA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

YAY!! The book finally arrived today. It took a while but it's here now and safe. Thank you, luckof for sending it to me and thanks also for the Canada Magnetic memo pad and beautiful, colorful postcard of Canadian Wildlife.

Journal Entry 28 by FrancesinSA on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I saw the movie some time ago so I knew exactly what the book was about and actually wasn't very excited about reading it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am now eager to read the others but I don't want to watch the next film before I've read the book.

Journal Entry 29 by FrancesinSA at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/10/2009 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

I am posting this today to Nagwan in Yemen. Thanks lunacia for the Twilight series bookrings and thank you luckof for posting this to me. :-)

ETA: 9 February 2010
I sent a PM to Nagwan today, asking her if she has perhaps received the book. She replied that the book has not been received by her yet.

Journal Entry 30 by winglunaciawing at Hammerfest, Finnmark fylke Norway on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Unfortunately, this book seems to have gone missing in the mail. :-(