corner corner Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie
by Mitch Albom | Nonfiction
Registered by alkaline-kiwi of Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on 2/18/2009

status (set by RockDg9): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sent to me as a surprise RABCK from annenz and simplyreflected last year

Journal Entry 2 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, May 28, 2009

This book was read during my 40 Hour Read-A-Thon.

This book was one that was on my wishlist for a while before I was sent it as part of a birthday parcel from annenz and simplyreflected last year in October.

I knew this would be a book that would touch my heart, make me cry but also make me think. I read it with a pack of tissues by my side at the ready, and I did need them.
While I have had teachers that have made an impact on me I haven't had anyone in particular who I feel changed my life - rather a collection of people who have helped shaped me into the person I am today and am yet to be.

This book was highly readable and very enjoyable with a lot of insight into the world and human nature.

I am passing this book on to my best friend Jay/discoverylover who is one of the very special people in my life and who's friendship I treasure. I hope she loves this book as much as I do.

Journal Entry 3 by alkaline-kiwi at by hand, best friend and fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 29, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/30/2009 UTC) at by hand, best friend and fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Giving this one to Jay/discoverylover before she flies off to LAX! Hope you have a wonderful time Jay!

Journal Entry 4 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, August 17, 2009

Given to me at the airport before I left for the grand ole USA by Alkaline-kiwi :D

Haven't read yet, but I can't wait to!

Journal Entry 5 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 25, 2009

I read this while I had a terrible cold, which possibly wasn't the best idea, as it meant that instead of needing 2 or so hankies, I needed about 5 or maybe 10! And thanks to my Mum only letting me take 1 hanky on my overseas trip (yeah thanks Mum!) I was NOT set up for this book, or the cold!

Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it - even the ending ;)

Journal Entry 6 by skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, October 25, 2009

Despite a shakey start with this book, I loved it. A real two and a half hankies book. The courage and simple philosophy of the main character was inspiring, as well as the effect he had on not just the author but everybody else whose lives he touched.

The final chapter or two were read through a mist of tears. Farewell, Morrie! But your words live on, touching more and more hearts with each reader.

Journal Entry 7 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, November 16, 2009

Somehow this has ended up in my hands again....so I'm sending it to someone else!

Journal Entry 8 by wingdiscoveryloverwing at Plimmerton, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, November 16, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/16/2009 UTC) at Plimmerton, Wellington Province New Zealand

Sending to Skyring to pass on to someone else...

Journal Entry 9 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thanks DL for this book in my hugbox!
I have read it before but it's a wonderful book and I will read it again.

*waves to AK*

Journal Entry 10 by skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, December 06, 2009

Okay. The story can now be told.

DL and I were somewhere in the US, waiting for something. A plane, a ferry, a laundromat. She was reading this book, coming to the end. Apart from having a cold, the tears were streaming down her face, and she was going through hankies at a rate of knots.

But I was engrossed in another book. A screamingly funny book, and tears were running down my face, I was laughing so hard. Every now and then - like about every page - I'd read out a paragraph to her. She'd make some sort of noise and go on reading her book. This book. And I'd go on laughing at my book.

And then, she gave me this book, and I realised with a sickening lurch, just what she'd been going through in those last pages.

Wombles, seal yourself away from the rest of the world when you read the last few chapters.

Journal Entry 11 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, December 06, 2009

I have read it but long enough ago that I don't remember details, just that it was good.

You weren't reading Bonk then were you? *shakes head*

Journal Entry 12 by skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, December 07, 2009

Yes, it was "Bonk". I don't think I could have picked a worse book to read aloud from while DL was reading those poignant final chapters. I am so very sorry!

Journal Entry 13 by RockDg9 from Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank you wombles. :)

Journal Entry 14 by RockDg9 at Vinnie's Thrift Store, Ruthven St in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Friday, April 08, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (4/8/2016 UTC) at Vinnie's Thrift Store, Ruthven St in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia

Time to find a new reader.