corner corner Hawksmoor (Abacus Books)

Hawksmoor (Abacus Books)
by Peter Ackroyd | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lucy-lemon of Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, February 12, 2009

status (set by Bug2004): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, February 12, 2009

Managed to get two copies of this somehow.

Reserved this copy for a potential bookray.

The book will be heading out in the following order (this may change):
Jozebedee - UK (UK)
turnpages - UK (EU)
Caroley - UK (Intl)
Vilda - Sweden (EU)
Shimmy-crazy - UK (Intl)
mrbaggins1 - S Africa (Intl)
Bug2004 - US (US)

Journal Entry 2 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 26, 2009

Received - thanks Lucy! Put in TBR pile. :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Jozebedee at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I did enjoy this book, and liked the way the stories/characters seemed to mirror each other spanning across time. I'm not quite sure that I actually 'got' what it was all about though LOL! I was a little confused, but this didn't make it any less enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing Lucy. Posting on now to turnpages who is next on the list.

Journal Entry 4 by turnpages from Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thank you for this Ray and for sending it.
I have received the book ok and will read it over the Easter holidays...

Looking forward to this. THANK YOU!

Journal Entry 5 by turnpages from Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's a real shame, but I cannot get into this book at all. I have asked for the address and will send the book on its way as soon as I can...

SORRY, but thank you....

Journal Entry 6 by turnpages at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 11, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/11/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Put in the post today! Not sure about the Easter mail though, so it could be a few days....

Journal Entry 7 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, April 17, 2009

Received today thanks. I've got one on the go and then I'll read this.

Journal Entry 8 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, April 24, 2009

I finished this yesterday and have been trying to think of something positive to say about it but have failed miserably. I just didn't 'get' the book. I couldn't get interested in it at all. Bits of it engaged me for a while but on the whole I'd have to say I didn't enjoy this one.

Still, that's another one crossed off the 1001-list.

Thanks for sharing it Lucy. I have Vilda's address so I should get this in the post very soon.

Journal Entry 9 by Caroley at Birmingham, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, April 25, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/25/2009 UTC) at Birmingham, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to Sweden

Journal Entry 10 by wingVildawing from Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Recieved today, thanks! I have a few other things to finish but I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Journal Entry 11 by wingVildawing at UK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 25, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (5/25/2009 UTC) at UK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

At first I had a very hard time getting into the story. I even wrote to shimmy-crazy for the address as I was giving it up. But then it really caught me! I like the parallell stories in time. But I have to confess that I didn´t get the ending. I realise it can´t be discussed here though! :).

Now finally, moving on to UK.

Journal Entry 12 by Shimmy-crazy from Finchley, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 31, 2009

Arrived, I'll get to it ASAP. Cheers luy-lemon and Vilda.

Journal Entry 13 by Shimmy-crazy from Finchley, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It took a while to get into this one and although I found it quite interesting I couldn't quite get to grips with the writing style.

mrbaggins1 has asked to be skipped so posted off to Bug2004 today (7/7/09)

Journal Entry 14 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rec'vd yesterday. Have several in front of it, but promise to get it moving again when I'm done. Thanks for sharing! :)