corner corner Capital Crimes

Capital Crimes
by Jonathan Kellerman, Faye Kellerman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LastMango of Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Saturday, August 22, 2009

status (set by Crossing-Guard): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LastMango from Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Saturday, August 22, 2009

Picked this up today at the used book store in Lindsay.

Journal Entry 2 by LastMango at Little Britain, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 07, 2011

Two stories in this book. My Sister's Keeper and Music City Breakdown. Alex Delaware has bit part in Music City Breakdown. Both good stories with interesting plots.

Will be sending this is Herchelle as part of the Canada Smiles Day exchange.

Journal Entry 3 by LastMango at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 07, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (3/7/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

To Herchelle:

Congrats on winning the Canada Smile Day exchange. This book isn't on your wishlist but your profile says you like mysteries. Johanthan Kellerman is one of my favourite authors so I hope you enjoy these two stories that he wrote with his wife, Faye.

Enjoy!

Last Mango

Journal Entry 4 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 09, 2011

oh mah gosh!! My apologies LastMango!!! I apologise for never journalling this book from you. I just finished cleaning my #2 bookshelf in my kitchen...the one I keep my gardening books and recipe books, and this book and four others were sitting there gathering dog hair and dead leaves. I am so sorry, again, I never meant to be rude. Can I blame my kids or my hubby? I hope that I PM'd you when I got this book?

Journal Entry 5 by wingHerchellewing at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Tomorrow morning at the Calgary Meetup, we are going to put previously released Bookcrossing books on the table to be shared. This does not mean that I am releasing this book into the wilds of Calgary, it means that I am giving other Bookcrossers a chance to read and JE this book instead of it waiting to be read on my shelf. I would like this book returned to me one day. If it is not claimed tomorrow, it will be coming back home with me, safe and sound, to wait its turn on my bedside table.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our Facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail N.E. starting at 11am. New and experienced Bookcrossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 6 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

I picked up this book at the Bookcrossing meeting today. I absolutely love the Alex Delaware novels by Jonathan Kellerman ( I have read ALL of them!) and I have read one book by his wife, Faye. I am sure this will be an easy, entertaining read. Looking forward the bit part by Alex Delaware ;-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 17, 2012

This was a very enjoyable book. The two novellas have very distinct flavors. I haven't read as much Faye Kellerman as Jonathan Kellerman, but would say the first novella, My Sister's Keeper, felt more like a Faye Kellerman novel. The mystery was an interesting one - the murder of a lesbian politician gunning for stem cell research. The characters were interesting and colorful.
The second novella was VERY Jonathan Kellerman - I enjoy his style and the Alex Delaware cameo was well done! This mystery, about the murder of a famous musician, had some great musical references, including the likes of Leadbelly, neat twists and interesting psychology - something you can always count on in a Delaware novel.

Thanks for the great read - I will take it to the January Bookcrossing meeting to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 11, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this wonderful mystery book to the Calgary Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe to find a new reader.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Picked this up at the January bookcrossing meeting. I have read previous books by both authors so looking forward to reading it soon.

Journal Entry 10 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 07, 2013

Quite enjoyed these two novellas. I enjoyed the 2nd one (Music City Breakdown) more then the first but both were very good. Haven't read very much from Jonathan Kellerman but I think I might start looking for them.

Journal Entry 11 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Released 10 mos ago (6/8/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the June Book Crossing meeting at Cravings to pass on to the next reader

Journal Entry 12 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Picked this up at June's BookCrossing meeting, adding it to my TBR pile.