corner corner Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson 4)

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson 4)
by Patricia Briggs | Horror
Registered by wingrotewoelfinwing of Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 30, 2009

status (set by rotewoelfin): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingrotewoelfinwing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 30, 2009

Fourth book of the Mercy Thompson story - had to buy this ;)

Going to read it as soon as possible and then going to send it forward as ring :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingrotewoelfinwing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 30, 2009

I really liked this book - maybe not as much as the last Alpha & Omega story, but well enough! But I'm not going to rate it with a 10, maybe because I don't like these vampires and the description of them as much as the werewolves or faes.

The book exactly starts where the one before ended. What I liked for sure was getting to learn more of the relationship between Adam and Mercy and some of the reactions of the pack. And the fact that Mercy learns some new parts of her being a walker. Some of the relationships get more complicated and it's not the end of the story yet.

There are two more books announced for autumn - one with Mercy, one Alpha and Omega, if I remamber correctly. I've already preorderd them and will tell you in the forum as soon as they'll arrive ;)

Starts its travel on Monday :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingrotewoelfinwing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 30, 2009

Teilnehmer am Ring:

7. knittingcat
8. anana3322
9. LittleF
10. KillerPueppi

Journal Entry 4 by wingrotewoelfinwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, February 09, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/9/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Eben zur Hauspost gegegeben - viel Spass euch allen beim Lesen :)

Journal Entry 5 by Sao-Diego12548 from Köpenick, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Buch ist angekommen und war gleich ganz fix gelesen. Fand ich sehr gut und es hat mich so ein bisschen mit dem Ende vom letzten Teil versöhnt (Da schien es so, als wäre schon ein paar Tage später wieder soweit ok aber das wird ja relativiert zum Glück).
Vielen vielen Dank, dass ich hier wieder mitlesen durfte!

Geht heute auch endlich zur Post, sorry, war letzte Woche krank und habs dadurch etwas verschusselt, dies zu erledigen...

Journal Entry 6 by Lytante from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Gestern losgeschickt, heute schon aus der Packstation geborgen.

Vielen Dank Sao-Diego fürs Schicken und danke rotewoelfin für den Ring. :)

EDIT 07.03.09: Und heute schon fertig gelesen!

I liked this book, but a bit less so than its predecessors. I'm not sure why, because I generally like Vampires, and I like Briggs' take on them. I'd liked to read a bit more about the pack's reaction to Mercy's inclusion, and especially more about how it affected Mercy ...

At one point I nearly yelled at the book: when Mercy started considering how to leave as not to endanger Adam and the rest of her friends. I get it that Mercy is courageous, and self reliant, and doesn't like to burden others ... but you don't have to repeat this in every single book! [/rant] (And I really hope I'm not confusing this series with some other books. ;-)

But all in all, I enjoyed this book, and I'm really looking forwards to the next installment.

Journal Entry 7 by Lytante at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, March 13, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/13/2009 UTC) at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany

Das Buch ist auf dem Weg nach Wien!

Journal Entry 8 by wingRianonnewing from Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The book arrived safe and sound in Vienna!
Thanks a lot for sending it on Lytante!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingRianonnewing from Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Again a wonderful story settled in Mercy's world. I was curious how everything will develope now after the attack ...

Having dropped a big trauma on Mercy, Briggs also devotes some time to exploring how this has affected her heroine - panic attacks, unease with touch, and the new way people regard her. But fortunately Merry never becomes an emotional victim, nor does she just "get over it" out of sheer determination. She works on this gradually, and Briggs does it with utmost sensitivity.

Adam serves as the rock to cling to, since he is trying to support and heal Mercy in her time of need, although he goes overboard on the protectiveness early on.
And poor abused Stefan goes through the wringer both physically and mentally - although he has some lighter moments, such as debating the merits of Scooby-Doo vs. Dragonball Z with a deaf boy.

"Bone Crossed" is a brilliant urban-fantasy/mystery, with plenty of chills, humour, unexpected turns and a likably heroine. Patricia Briggs leaves me wanting more, again.

Journal Entry 10 by wingRianonnewing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria

Enjoy !!

Journal Entry 11 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 16, 2009

reached me with a hand full of other long-awaited books - but I'm still lacking volume 3 of the Mercy-Thompson-Novels :-(

Update by Your Members Plus expires on 2/22/2010 SchneefeeYour Members Plus expires on 2/22/2010 from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 25, 2009
finished Iron Kissed and started Bone Crossed today!

Journal Entry 12 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, November 16, 2009

Man ist, was man isst. Indeed! My grandma used to say that, too. And I was already wondering why no vampire tried to snack on fae before.
I finished this book quite fast (at least for my current average speed) because I really, really adore Mercy. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Dortmund Meet-Up, so I have to pass the book on via Post :-(
This bad guy Blackwood was really creepy, and Marsilia is getting more scary, too. I need some sequels!

Update by Your Members Plus expires on 2/22/2010 SchneefeeYour Members Plus expires on 2/22/2010 from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, November 24, 2009
nochmal PMmed. Scheint bei einigen gerade mal wieder nix durchzukommen.

Journal Entry 13 by Schneefee at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 26, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/26/2009 UTC) at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Adresse ist da, reist jetzt ganz schnell weiter

Update by wing Schneefeewing from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen  Germany on Wednesday, December 09, 2009
2 Wochen ist auch für ne Büchersendung ziemlich lange... noch nüscht angekommen da im Osten? Hätt ich's doch nicht der Post übergeben sondern einfach bis zum RRT behalten *ärger*

Update by wing Schneefeewing from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen  Germany on Friday, December 11, 2009
das pueppi gibt Entwarnung: Mercy ist schon längst sicher angekommen. Puh!

Journal Entry 14 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, July 15, 2010

I offered to get a replacement-book for the ring that seems to be stuck with KillerPueppi. Rotewoelfin gave me the BCID so the participants of the ring so far get the journals that are made for this book. I put the BCID only in pencil into the book. Should the other book resurface this one can get another BCID and be released. If not this book ends it´s travells in rotewoelfins bookshelf as replacement for the missing book.

I got the book yesterday evening and read it all in one go. I was just stuck on reading and couldn´t put the book down. It was past 1 am bevor the book was over... *yawn* ;-)
Another suspenceful installment of the series! This time Merci is less confident and especially at the beginning but in a lesser degree through the whole book trying to cope with what happened to her at the end of the last book. At least this facilitates a decision Adam/Samuel - at least! That was long overdue. This time vampires are featuring - Stephan is one of the main characters this time... And another new vampire-player. The fearies are not getting any easier to understand or less mysterious either...
The ring of part 5 rotewoelfin has started is moving slowly into my direction - can´t wait ;-) Great series!

I will ask knittingcat for her adress right away.

Edit 27.07.2010: No response from knittingcat so far (one PM one Mail). Well it´s vacation-time... I´ll give it a couple more days then ask the next on the list.

04.08.2010: I tried three times to reach knitting cat PM and Email... either a long vacation or inactiv at the moment. I try the next on the list now.

11.08.2010: anana3322 could not resist temptation and allready has a copy of the book ;-)

Journal Entry 15 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, September 23, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (9/23/2010 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This book is on it´s way to LittleF along with a whole bunch of other books. Enjoy reading them!

Journal Entry 16 by LittleF at Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 27, 2010

Thanks for sending the book - the package I just got from the mail office. I'm looking forward to reading the book! :-)

Edit 2011-03-15 (far too late): I've read this book a long time ago in 2010 and forgot the journal entry! ... Anyway, I liked this adventure with Mercedes a lot and immediately wanted the next book to read, like always with Patricia and Mercedes ;-)

Journal Entry 17 by LittleF at Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (3/15/2011 UTC) at Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany

Because Killerpueppi doesn't react for two weeks, Mercy is finally going home to rotewoelfin. Thanks a lot for the ring!

Journal Entry 18 by wingrotewoelfinwing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Da die Packstation voll war musste ich zur Post, um das Büchlein abzuholen, deswegen hat es etwas gedauert, aber jetzt ist es gut wieder zu Hause angekommen.

Danke euch allen für's mitlesen und mitkommentieren :)