corner corner The Book of Unholy Mischief: A Novel

The Book of Unholy Mischief: A Novel
by Elle Newmark | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 1/27/2009

status (set by Trijay1): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Got this off the shelves at work when we were clearing room for award series manuscripts.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This was in one of the two boxes of books KateKintail so generously gave me. I look forward to continuing its journey.

Edit 1 April 2012: I picked up another copy of this book recently and read it.

The 15th century is drawing to a close, and Luciano finds his life as a thief on the streets of Venice abruptly ended by the chef to the Doge, who takes him in as his apprentice. Meantime, the city is all astir about a mysterious book, said to contain untold secrets, spells, and other dangerous information. As he struggles to determine just how much his master knows about this book, Luciano sneaks food to his streetrat friends, witnesses the political machinations of assorted factions, and attempts to court a nun. It's actually a fairly decent piece of historical fiction, but I have a soft spot for both Venice and that particular time period, so I may be biased.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Centreville Regional Library in Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/24/2009 UTC) at Centreville Regional Library in Centreville, Virginia USA

Left in a tree near the library. While walking up to the library to return a book, a woman asked me what the deal was with the book in the tree. I explained it to her, but I got the impression she was humoring me rather than believing me. :)
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by Trijay1 at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 04, 2011

I found this book yesterday on a table in the Centreville Regional Library. I think the idea of a traveling book is awesome. I can't wait to read it!