corner corner Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark
by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 1/26/2009

status (set by Pen-doot): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 26, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, but she keeps to herself and doesn't date much because of her "disability" to read minds. When she meets Bill, Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's the type of guy she's waited for all of her life, but he has a disability, too--he's a vampire with a bad reputation. When one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next.

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 15, 2009

This was a fun read and quite different to the paranormal books I'm most familiar with (Julie Kenner's Kate Connor, Demon Hunter adventures)

I haven't yet seen True Blood but I'm looking forward to it even more now, and to continuing with this series in the near future...

Journal Entry 3 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

released to the COT Bookcrossing Zone

Journal Entry 4 by JazzyMackay from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Sunday, September 20, 2009

my scool friend passed it on to me, and I'll pass it on to another friend

CAUGHT IN CAIRNS QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA

Journal Entry 5 by Pen-doot on Thursday, January 14, 2010

My beautiful friend (JazzyMackay) offered it to me when she heard me complaining about not having anything to read. I had heard lots of good feedback from my friends and since I am fascinated by vampires and all things that go bump in the night and adore love stories I thought I better read it!

It was a pretty good read and I found myself reading right up to the early morning hours...but the main character annoyed me a little bit, as most heroines usally do...Sookie was just too goody goody and cutsie for my liking. However I especially loved the idea that Elvis was a vampire! (Elvis fan) =D I definatly plan on passing it on as I can see many will appreciate this book, especially with the new vampire hype!

CAUGHT IN CAIRNS QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA