corner corner Home to Holly Springs (Father Tim, Book 1)

Home to Holly Springs (Father Tim, Book 1)
by Jan Karon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by OneMorePage of Mission Viejo, California USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009

status (set by cyber-librarian): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by OneMorePage from Mission Viejo, California USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009

AVL

Journal Entry 2 by OneMorePage at Mission Viejo, CA -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/23/2009 UTC) at Mission Viejo, CA -- Controlled Releases

RABCK to Cyberlibrarian, who has this book on her wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I received this book in the mail on 8/4 from OneMorePage in CA ... as a RABCK. Thank you for your generosity. I'm sorry I haven't journaled this until now, but I've been away with my DH for our 30th anniversary.

c. 2007 -- 356 pages -- Hardcover -- Episcopalians -- Clergy -- Holly Springs (Miss) -- #1 Father Tim -- 1 week on the USA Today top-10 Bestseller list (#10 on 11/4/07)

Jacket Flaps: Sometimes a trip back home becomes a journey of the soul. After more than 38 years, Father Tim Kavanagh returns to his childhood home of Holly Springs, Mississippi, on a profoundly personal journey. Whatever became of Tommy Noles, his forbidden childhood friend, and Peggy, the loving woman who was like a second mother? What were the facts behind the court trial that drove the Kavanagh family even further apart?

He figures Thomas Wolfe was right: You can't go home again. Then he discovers the truth: A surprising number of old connections have miraculously survived time and neglect. In this first of the Father Tim novels, Jan Karon takes her celebrated Mitford character to territory he has long avoided, the uncharted territory of family, giving us a spellbinding and poignant narrative laced with the wisdom and forgiveness only a trip back home can inspire.