corner corner A Modest Proposal and Other Satirical Works (Dover Thrift Editions)

Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This book contains following nonfiction works written by Jonathan Swift:
A Modest Proposal (1729)
The Battle of the Books (1697)
A Meditation upon a Broomstick (1701)
A Discourse Concerning the Mechanical Operation of the Spirit (1704)
An Argument Against Abolishing Christianity in England (1708)

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 02, 2009

Thanks so much for your donation tabby-cat-owner!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Friday, June 25, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/25/2010 UTC) at Phoenix, Arizona USA

This has been mailed to Moriquen of Borgerhout, Belgium.

I hope you enjoy this book, Moriquen.

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, July 05, 2010

And the book has arrived safe and sound. Thanks for sending it to me, tabby-cat-owner! (And thanks for the notepads too!)

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, January 14, 2011

This is not what you might call an easy read and I did struggle. I read 'a modest proposal' in class about seven years ago, in the last year of highschool and I really wanted to reread it. I see now how much I missed then! (Even with the teachers help some parts just didn't make sense back then. Glad to see that my English has evolved! ;D ) The other works were more difficult, but still enjoyable.

This book can be claimed by the library again!

Journal Entry 6 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 20, 2011

This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing Moriquen:)

If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf.