corner corner Bookbox #13 The Tiny Little One

Bookbox #13 The Tiny Little One
by Various | e-Books
Registered by winglelliewing of Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, January 19, 2009

status (set by lellie): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, January 19, 2009

Rules Of The Box

1. Please keep original size. The whole point of this box is to keep it small and not too expensive to post.
2. One in, one out as usual uinless the book you want to put in is fat or heavy. As a general rule I'd like to keep 5-7 books in here.
3. No sci-fi, fantasy or Mills and Boon types.
4. As it's so small try not to fill it with one genre. I don't mind one chick-lit but I'd hate to get a box full. See what's in there to start with and use your judgement.
6. I don't have a problem with people hanging on to boxes for a while, but be sensible. I've just lost two boxes and would hate to lose another.
7. Seven rules! That's too many. Just enjoy it.

Contents

15. boekenxnl (Netherlands)
16. Marsala (Netherlands)
17.EmEli (Netherlands)
18.Fifna (Netherlands)

Journal Entry 2 by winglelliewing at One of lellie's Bookboxes, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 20, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/21/2009 UTC) at One of lellie's Bookboxes, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Off you go!

Journal Entry 3 by HerbertLooby on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My very first bookbox! I am spoilt for choice but will make an executive decision as soon as possible. Thanks Lellie!

Journal Entry 4 by HerbertLooby at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, February 28, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/28/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I have taken 'The Peppered Moth' by Margaret Drabble and replaced with 'Larry's Party' by Carol Shields. Box on its way over the next few days....

Journal Entry 5 by Projekt-X from Shepherd's Bush, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've had the box with me for a couple of days, currently looking through it and will post it off very soon!

Journal Entry 6 by Projekt-X at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/17/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Will be on it's way in a couple of days!

I took out 'Elegance' and As Far as You Can Go' and replaced them with 'The Woman in White' and 'The Runaway Jury'. I also added 'Rappacinni's Daughter', a slim little gem that fitted in quite nicely. :D

Journal Entry 7 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Received today, thanks very much.

Journal Entry 8 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've taken out:
Redhill Rococo - Shena Mackay
Katherine's Wheel - Rebecca Gregson

I've put in:
Magus of Stonewylde - Kit Berry
The Great Plague - Pamela Oldfield
Mister God This is Anna - Finn

Journal Entry 9 by wingraeliz64wing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, April 20, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/20/2009 UTC) at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Posted to Amber-moon today.

Journal Entry 10 by Amber-moon on Thursday, April 23, 2009

Collected from the parcel office this morning.Jazz-ee2 is coming over this afternoon so i`ve made a quick decision and i`ll pass it to her straight away.Blimy!I think thats the fastest i`ll have turned a bookbox round!!

Journal Entry 11 by jazz-ee2 from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 26, 2009

Picked up from Amber-moon, a lovely little box - thanks!

I will be taking out:
Mr Golightly's Holiday - Sally Vickers
The Great Plague - Pamela Oldfield
Mister God this is Anna - Fynn

I am still considering what I will be putting in, and will update the JE once decided.

UPDATE I have put in:

The Iron Man - Ted Highes
Revolutionary Petunias - Alice Walker
A rare Benedictine - Ellis Peters
The school at Thrush Green - Miss Read

Journal Entry 12 by jazz-ee2 from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm so sorry it has taken so long for me to pass this box on - my metabolism and IT system are both conspiring against me! It will be in the post by the end of this week...

Journal Entry 13 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I picked this up from the post office yesterday evening,thanks Jazz-ee2. I hope to have it on its way again by the middle of next week.

I'm taking out,

The Cat Who Talked Turkey by Lilian Jackson Braun
The Death and Life of Charlie St.Cloud by Ben Sherwood
Trumpet by Jackie Kay
The Dark Clue by James Wilson

Thanks to lellie for organizing this box and allowing me to take part,it was fun.
If I've taken out a book that someone further down the list is desperate to read,just let me know and I will pass it on to you when I've finished.

Journal Entry 14 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Arrived yesterday. I've taken out
The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud
DS1 has pounced on
The Iron Man

Putting in
Little MIss Christmas
Tales from Margaritaville
Pming next member now

Journal Entry 15 by dodau at to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 10, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (9/10/2009 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent on today

Journal Entry 16 by riffraff71 from Benfleet, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thank you,box arrived today.I've had a quick peek and I have an idea which I'm going to take out.Will sort this over the weekend and get it on its way next week.Pming next person on the list :)

Journal Entry 17 by riffraff71 from Benfleet, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, September 13, 2009

ok I've taken out:
trumpet
runaway jury
atonement
the road home

putting in:
No time for goodbye
the doomsday conspiracy
the world is full of divorced women
cocktails

Aiming to get the box moving either tomorrow or tuesday :)

Journal Entry 18 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hi all- received at work today..My BF is getting married on Saturday and it's also my DD'd birthday so prob won't get a chance for a proper routle until next week - just wanted to let you know it's here safely!

Journal Entry 19 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, September 27, 2009

Taken out the Alice Walker, The Sidney Sheldon and Little Miss Christmas.
Putting in
Sacred and Profane by Faye Kellermen
And That's It Fell Off In My Hand by Louise Rennison
I Love Everybody ( and other atrocious lies) by Laurie Notaro

Journal Entry 20 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Saturday, October 10, 2009

I've not heard from Birmingham-Rose yet, so trying again!

Journal Entry 21 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, November 22, 2009

Apols for hanging on to this so long Birmingham-Ros edid get back to me but I was moving house. This eventually got sent out on Wednesday this week.

Journal Entry 22 by birmingham-rose from Lichfield, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My sincerest apologies for not catching this bookbox sooner. I have been very unwell and not reading and just cast the box aside. I am really sorry if this has caused any upset. I will for definite get the box sent on within the next few days. Will repost a little later with a new JE showing what I have taken out and what I will put back in....

Journal Entry 23 by birmingham-rose from Lichfield, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 07, 2010

I've taken out:

I Love everybody (and other atrocious lies) - Laurie Notaro and
...and that's when it fell off in my hand - Louise Rennison

Replaced with:

Q's Legacy - Helene Hanff and
Samantha Smythe's Modern Family Journal - Lucy Cavendish

I've got the next person's address so this will be off to the next reader asap.

Many thanks to Lellie for setting this up, its my first bookbox and I've enjoyed the whole aspect of receiving a selection of books to choose from.

Journal Entry 24 by madmadge from New Milton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 16, 2010

Received today. I've already had a rummage and picked out these books:

Q's Legacy by Helene Hanff
Samantha Smythe's Modern Family Journal by Lucy Cavendish
The School at Thrush Green - audiobook by Miss Read
No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay

Now to see what I can squeeze in in their place.

Journal Entry 25 by madmadge from New Milton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 16, 2010

That was quick, I hear you say! I already had a little pile of possibles and here are the five books I popped in:

Brit-Think, Ameri-Think by Jane Walmsley
Blackthorn Winter by Sarah Challis
The Golden Ball and other stories by Agatha Christie
Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul
Purr-fect Shiatsu - Tender Touches for the 90's Cat by Jeffrey Random

Thank you lellie for including me and birmingham-rose for posting the box to me. I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The box will be resealed and going off some time next week.

Journal Entry 26 by madmadge at Mudeford, Dorset United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/21/2010 UTC) at Mudeford, Dorset United Kingdom

Posting back to lellie so it can continue on to the EU as Scruffykaz has left a note on her shelf page to be bypassed.

Journal Entry 27 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Arrived back today, thanks everyone.

I'm not sure that this was an unqualified success. I was a bit disillusioned with big expensive to post boxes so I started this one with just 7 good recent fiction novels. It has returned with 13 books making it as expensive as normal sized box and too expensive to post on to Europe.
None of the books that made it back are what I would call recent fiction, only three of them published this side of 2000, I really don't think that the contents are worth the cost of postage to EU.

I will journal each book individually and keep the two or three good ones for the continuing box.