corner corner Business @ the Speed of Thought : Using a Digital Nervous System

Business @ the Speed of Thought : Using a Digital Nervous System
by Bill Gates | Business & Investing
Registered by mellion108 of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on 5/9/2003

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Friday, May 09, 2003

I've tried to read this. Really, I have. I just can't get through it. I hope other people out there can get something out of it. Time to let it go!

Journal Entry 2 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Monday, November 10, 2003

This one is going out this week to brewski. Thanks for the trade! I hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Thanks mellion108, I received this book in the mail today. I'm looking forward to reading this one soon.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 25, 2008

I originally picked this up to start reading in December 2007 for guinaveve's 2007 Keep Them Moving Challenge, but it took me so long I guess I will have to use it for the 2008 challenge instead. I was a little embarassed that I had the book in my possession for about 4 years before I even cracked it open, but I did eventually get to it :)

Well once I started reading it I was a little afraid that it was going to take me four years to finish reading it. The book was a bit dry and slow reading. I suppose it's my own fault, but the book was a bit dated (understandably), but it was also amusing to read about Gates' predictions for the fabled paperless office which I am still waiting to see.

The best part of this book were the examples of companies and military organizations making strides towards operating business at the speed of thought. I particularly enjoyed the description of the military use of the FalconView system and hand held Windows CE devices.

I will release this book sometime in 2008 for guinaveve's 2008 Keep Them Moving Challenge.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (9/23/2008 UTC) at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Left on the bench in the lobby of 44 King St W.

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, brewski, as your referring member.