corner corner Shattered Icon

Shattered Icon
by Bill Napier | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/9/2009

status (set by KawasakiBabe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 09, 2009

As an antique map dealer in a small English town, Harry Blake appreciates the quiet life. But when a local landowner asks him to value a 400 year old journal and twelve hours later he is brutally murdered, Harry's peace of mind is shattered.

What does the dusty journal contain that is a matter of life or death?

Why is someone prepared to pay Harry a fortune to steal it?

He turns to marine historian Zola Khan to uncover the mysteries. The trail of the journal leads him into a world of deadly Elizabethan conspiracies, and the thread of history takes him through a thousand years of religious intrigue back to the blood-soaked Crusades. And he finally learns that at stake are millions of dollars and a plan to trigger nothing less than war...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 19, 2010

Thanks to the Da Vinci Code there seems to a be a glut of this genre...priceless artifacts appear/disappear & the chase is on the solve the mystery/recover the item before death, doom & the apocalypse hits! Some I've read have been poor imitations of the style, however this I'm glad to say was one of the much better ones!

When Harry Blake was asked to value a 400-year-old manuscript little did he expect that he would end up in Jamaica chasing an ancient Holy Relic & bargaining for his life
The mention of the relic is discovered in the journals of James Ogilvie & the story is divided between Harry's current day adventures in finding the relic & learning the 400 year-old-story of James Ogilvie & how he came by it. Both parts are entertaining & it all added up to an enjoyable read.

Read as part of the 2010 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE &
the 2010 REDUCE MT TBR Challenge (#61)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 22, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/22/2010 UTC) at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2010 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to
the Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop
so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.

Or maybe you found it else where....if so, please tell us where it has travelled to!

I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 4 by KawasakiBabe at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 24, 2010

I "caught" this book, along with 2 others, in a Brighouse Charity Shop for just 50p - thanks (again) Plum-crazy for making it so easy to catch wild books! Reading and review will follow.

Journal Entry 5 by KawasakiBabe at Location to be decided, in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/6/2011 UTC) at Location to be decided, in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

I never got around to reading this: time to spring clean my crowded book shelves! Left on a seat in THE REX CINEMA, ELLAND, during a showing of West is West.

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at book-crossing. You may remain anonymous or you may wish to join; it's free, and spam free, and you are only known by your chosen nick name.
Whatever your decision, please let us know here where you picked up the book, what you think of it, and what you decide to do with it, so previous and future readers can follow its progress around the world.
Happy reading.