corner corner The Dilemma

The Dilemma
by Jenny Pitman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 01, 2009

status (set by irishcmc123): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 01, 2009

Looking forward to reading this one, which was a Christmas present. It is the 3rd novel written by Jenny Pitman about the world of horse racing from a woman's perspective. I've read the first two: "On the Edge" and "Double Deal". Jenny Pitman herself is "well known as the first woman of racing. She has achieved success in the world's toughest races and has landed two Grand Nationals."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 01, 2009

Finished reading this book today, and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoy Jenny Pitman's development of the characters as well as the tie-in to horse training and all that is involved in entering to win the important horse races in England and Ireland. The ending has, of course, left the reader with a cliff-hanger so I can't wait to get Pitman's next book and continue the adventure.

Journal Entry 3 by wingstarrdustwing at Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/22/2009 UTC) at Barrie, Ontario Canada

Released tonight at the BookCrossing meet-up in Barrie, at Tim Horton's (Essa Rd/Bryne Dr) - - passed on to Nelle, as she has read a previous Jenny Pitman novel and had this one on her Wish List.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Nelle from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 23, 2009

I picked this book up at the bookcrossing meetup last evening. Thanks,starrdust

Journal Entry 5 by Nelle at Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 29, 2011

Very good novel which leaves you hanging at the end and, of course, I now have to find a copy book 4, The Vendetta.
I think I will offer this to my sister who used to own a racehorse.

Journal Entry 6 by Nelle at Sheraton Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 10, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/15/2011 UTC) at Sheraton Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Virginia USA

To the finder of this book:
Congratulations! You have just discovered the wonderful world of Bookcrossing. Please make a journal entry to let me know that my book has found a friend. Read it, if you wish, and let me know what you thought of it. Your journal entry can be Anonymous but it's much more fun to think up a Screen Name for yourself and become a member. BookCrossing is a very safe site and also a lot of fun! When you are finished with the book, pass it on to someone else or leave it somewhere "in the Wild". If you choose to join, please list "Nelle" as the person who referred you.
I hope you enjoy this book and BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Psssst! Nelle! You already have a copy of 'The Vendetta' . . . I passed it on to you at the BC Meet-Up in October 2010 so you likely have it on a bookshelf at home :-)

Journal Entry 8 by irishcmc123 at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Monday, June 27, 2011

I'll be reading this book this summer. I got it at the D.C. Convention in April.