corner corner Invisible People

Invisible People
by will eisner | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 12/28/2008

status (set by SqueakyChu): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, December 28, 2008

I received this book yesterday from djZombi (A BookMoocher from DjZombi of Byron Venter, Michigan).

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017

I started reading this book today.

ETA: This is the review I wrote on 9/22/17

This is quite a look at those individuals who are invisible in our society because they are not thought to lack value or they suffer pain which they are unable to divulge to others.

Of the three stories presented, the one I found the saddest was Mortal Combat which is of two single adults, a woman who devoted her life to caring for her dad and a man devoted to caring for his domineering mother. The pain presented at the end of the story was so much that the man had to resume his invisible life in the stacks of books in the children's library. The stories are a commentary of how socially isolated people may become even in congested urban life.

The artwork in this graphic novel is magnificent. The expressions of the characters tell their story even more than the dialogue bubbles do.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (4/24/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) - 5811 Vandegrift Avenue in Rockville, Maryland USA

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (5/19/2018 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book in the BookCrossing booth at the Gaithersburg Book festival!

----------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a
library!