corner corner On Tall Pine Lake

On Tall Pine Lake
by Dorothy Garlock | Literature & Fiction
Registered by nikel27 of -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on 12/16/2008

status (set by Mankyi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nona Conrad has been making it through "by the hardest." Each day is a struggle-to go on after her parents' sudden death, to win her rightful inheritance from her untrustworthy half-brother, and to raise her high-spirited younger sister. So when Nona is unexpectedly hired to manage a fishing camp deep in the Arkansas woods, it seems like a heaven-sent opportunity to settle down at last.

Yet it isn't long before the strong-willed redhead clashes with two men. One is a mysterious, well-dressed stranger who grabs her arm and calls her by name before driving off in a big sedan. The other is the camp's new owner, Simon Wright. Straightforward, self-assured, and protective, he seems to know a lot about Nona…and presents a peril she never imagined.

Simon has his own very good reasons for dogging her steps and hovering over the sisters to keep them safe. He just wasn't prepared for Nona's self-reliance and refusal to trust him-or the instant, irresistible attraction drawing him all too close.

While Nona decides whether Simon is an ally or a charmer with his own agenda, someone driven by greed will do anything to find out what she knows…and an unsuspected enemy is making sure that Nona and Simon will soon have nowhere to run.

Journal Entry 2 by nikel27 at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Saturday, March 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany

sent out via a "Bücherkiste" Offer

Journal Entry 3 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear nikel27, thanks so much for the big box of books, that arrived today. I think many of them will move on my Mount TBR.

update of May 17th:
I just enjoyed this book so much! A great mix of a love- and a crime story. I had never read a book by Dorothy Garlock before but will try to get more of her books now. It reminded me to Nora Roberts' romance thrillers all the time. Thanks much again Nicole for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 4 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, May 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/23/2011 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

The book has been chosen by lauraloo29 via the Flora and Fauna International VBB Hope you will like it. Thanks for participating.

Journal Entry 5 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 06, 2011

Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 01, 2017

I always forget that I like Dorothy Garlock books. This one was good. I'm also always surprised that I like a very assertive man who wants the woman and that's okay, although he seems a bit stalkerish but that's okay cause he loves her. Sigh. In real life no - but in books it seems to be fine. lol

Journal Entry 7 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Released 4 wks ago (9/20/2017 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to the winner of the Mail a Garden Sweepstakes. Congratulations!

Journal Entry 8 by wingMankyiwing at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Receive this book via "Mail a Garden" Sweeps. Thank you! :) I'm looking forward to reading it!