corner corner The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition
by J.K. Rowling | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by PeregrinTuk of Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 08, 2008

status (set by PeregrinTuk): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by PeregrinTuk from Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 08, 2008

...and here it is :)
I liked it, I hope you enjoy it too!

includes:
> The Wizard and the Hopping Pot
> The Fountain of Fair Fortune
> The Warlock's Hairy Heart
> Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump
> The Tale of the Three Brothers

Journal Entry 2 by PeregrinTuk from Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 08, 2008

This book is travelling as a Bookring.
If you'd like to join the Ring, please PM me

8. Catbook
9. bluecat07
10. astridpetra
11. Ahoi-Brause

- and then back to me pls :)

Journal Entry 3 by PeregrinTuk at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, January 12, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/12/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

So, zweiter Versuch... es ist unterwegs an Schneefee :)

Journal Entry 4 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, January 15, 2009

geschafft *seufz*
Chef hat's heute mitgebracht.

Journal Entry 5 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, February 03, 2009

liked it, but not as much as the Potter-books :-)
Nice little read, thanks a lot for ringing!

Journal Entry 6 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Received today.
I guess it'll be read soon, seeing as it's such a cute little book. ;-)

Journal Entry 7 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Friday, February 20, 2009

When the book inicially came out I was more than suspicious about buying it. Suspected a cheap, carelessly done spin-off by JKR herself, just to get some money for her charity. But after reading only half of the first tale, I was charmed so much so that I ordered my very own copy from amazon. Which arrived this morning, about the same time when I posted this copy to Maresa.
JKR knows her stuff and puts thoughts even into such a small volume of her writing. Lovely. Just lovely.

Journal Entry 8 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Thursday, February 26, 2009

It arrived a few days ago here and I immediately started reading ;-) It was, als elhamisabel said, just lovley. It is a very nice book, and I simply can see how thousands of wizards and witches were told that stories by their parents (and I'd give a lot to read the "Toadstool Tales" by Beatrix Bloxam, too). Thank you for this ring ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by revontulet from Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Monday, March 09, 2009

Arrived today :)
And I'm going to read it right away ;)

Journal Entry 10 by revontulet at Detmold, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/17/2009 UTC) at Detmold, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Ist verschickt, hoffe es kommt bald heile an.

Journal Entry 11 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Friday, March 20, 2009

Arrived safely today and I start reading as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 12 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Friday, March 20, 2009

I really enjoyed the book and the stories, but there was one major flaw: it was too short! The stories were great and I loved the footnotes from Albus Dumbledore. I would love to read more fairytales and I must get my own copy of this book, so I can read the stories again anytime.
The little illustrations were nice, too. JKR puts a lot of thought in her writing and creating.

I wrote to UbSiA to get her adress and then the book can travel again. Thank you for letting me join this wonderful little ring, PeregrinTuk!

Journal Entry 13 by Annieselan at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Saturday, March 21, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

Travelling to the next reader!

Journal Entry 14 by UbSiA from Schmallenberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, March 26, 2009

The purchase of this book is supporting the CHLG (Children´s High Level Group). For more information about this charity organization click here.

The book arrived save today. I am really looking forward to reading this one and since it is such a nice little booklet, I should be able to fit it in quite soon!

29/03/2009: Read the book today while relaxing after my visit to the sauna. The tales were okay, but definitely not as catchy as the Harry Potter books... I will PM Catbook now so the book can continue its journey soon.

Journal Entry 15 by UbSiA at Sundern (Sauerland), Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at Sundern (Sauerland), Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This book will continue its journey today! Enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 16 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Beedle arrived today and keeps company with the german version, for what I´d also subscribed ;-)

Journal Entry 17 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, April 05, 2009

Like I said before, I had the opportunity, to draw a direct comparison between the original and the german translation. Although the original comes off much better, I liked it not so much after all.
Actually I can´t escape the feeling, that JKR´s only aim was to earn money - well, if it serves a human purpose at least ...

I´ve already asked for the next adress.

Journal Entry 18 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Monday, May 04, 2009

Arrived last week, thanks catbook!

Journal Entry 19 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Saturday, June 06, 2009

Nice stories but nothing special. I think it was just another way for JKR to earn more money - as if she needed it!:-)

Thanks for letting me participate, PeregrinTuk!

Will travel to astridpetra on Monday.

Journal Entry 20 by astridpetra from Philippsthal, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Das Buch ist gut bei mir angekommen und wird so schnell wie möglich gelesen.
Danke für´s zusenden.

So ich habe es jetzt endlich fertig gelesen.
War eigentlich ganz spaßig. Aber irgendwie hatte ich mir ein bisschen mehr erhofft.
Das Buch macht sich jetzt auf die Reise zu Ahoi-Brause.

Journal Entry 21 by Ahoi-Brause from Lemgo, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, August 10, 2009

I just fished Beedle out of my "Packstation" and I am happy to finally have it in my hands. Will be read soon! Thanks for sending, AstridPetra!

Journal Entry 22 by Ahoi-Brause from Lemgo, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, August 21, 2009

The beedle-tales accompaignied me on a trip to Switzerland and on my way back I already started. First story was nice :-) A pity that I don't have kids to read it to!

Updated JE will follow after complete reading enjoyment!

Journal Entry 23 by Ahoi-Brause from Lemgo, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have to admit that I just read the stories, and was just "flying over Dumbledore's comments" as I had the feeling that those were just a page-filler.

The stories however were quite nice and an enjoyable read.
Many thanks for the bookring :-) it will travel home soonest!

Journal Entry 24 by Ahoi-Brause at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, August 29, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (8/29/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Liebe PeregrinTuk,

bitte nicht böse sein ... *schäm* habe einen gaaaanz liebe Bücherverrückte Kollegin, die auch super gerne liest, HP-Fan ist und auch englische Bücher schätzt. Ich wollte das Buch gestern nach der Arbeit zur Post bringen und erzählte ihr ganz begeistert von den Märchen. Sie war ganz interessiert und deshalb habe ich ihr das Buch (zusammen mit an Dich adressierten + frankierten Umschlag) zwischenausgeliehen. Hoffentlich ist es nicht schlimm, dass es ein paar Tage später bei Dir ankommt. Die liebe Kollegin ist sehr vorsichtig und umgänglich mit Büchern :o) und liest auch schnell ...

Tausend Dank und liebe Grüße,
Ahoi-Brause

Journal Entry 25 by PeregrinTuk from Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thank you, the little book returned safe and is now back on the shelf with the other "Rowlings"... :)

@Ahoi-Brause: Kein Problem, ich hoffe deiner Kollegin hat es auch gut gefallen :)