corner corner Hemlock at Vespers: Fifteen Sister Fidelma Mysteries

Hemlock at Vespers: Fifteen Sister Fidelma Mysteries
by PETER TREMAYNE | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by tom-m of Ulaan Baatar, Ulaan Baatar Mongolia on 12/5/2008

status (set by Bug2004): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by tom-m from Ulaan Baatar, Ulaan Baatar Mongolia on Friday, December 05, 2008

15 mysteries featuring the Irish nun and court official, Sister Fidelma, who solves mysteries in Ireland in the mid-seventh century. These were all written before the novels and do not include her companion, Brother Eadulf, a Saxon mond from southern England.

The stories do not have the depth and complexities of the novels. They do answer some questions raised in the full-length stories, however. Why Fidelma left the community of Kildare and how she fell out with the "soul-friend" of her youth.

The word's tiniest bookray:

Cassiopaea
Bug2004
faramir10

Journal Entry 2 by tom-m at Post Office, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (12/22/2008 UTC) at Post Office, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Cassiopaea in Wales, UK.

Next in the Ray is Bug2004, then faramir10.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassiopaeiawing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank you so much tom-m, arrived this morning. I am almost finished Arthur& George by Julian Barnes so this will be my next read. Good timing.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassiopaeiawing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Enjoyed these stories, a good taster, I hope of the full-length novels. Hopefully the longer stories will have more substance to them as although enjoyable these short stories certainly had a formulaic feeling. Nonetheless a good introduction to Sister Fidelma and her deductive skills.

Many thanks tom-m, I already have the next address and this will be in the post on Monday.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, January 26, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/26/2009 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

On the way to Bug2004 in Nebraska by Airmail, today.

Journal Entry 6 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Monday, February 02, 2009

Re'cvd today. Will get to it as quick as I can...I have a couple of others in front of it! Thanks for sharing!