corner corner Flirting with Forty

Flirting with Forty
by Jane Porter | Literature & Fiction
Registered by StinaRy of Long Beach, California USA on 12/4/2008

status (set by krl112): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Perfect beach read. And soon to be a major motion picture Lifetime movie.

Journal Entry 2 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Monday, December 08, 2008

Starting an international bookray with this book....

The Rules
1. Journal the book as soon as you receive it.
2. Journal your thoughts after you read the book.
3. PM the next person on the list for their address.
4. Update your earlier journal entry or enter a new one when you mail the book. Media mail is fine.
5. Please try to hold on to the book for no more than 4-6 weeks. If you will need more time than that, please let me know.
6. If you are the last one on the list, do as you please...continue the ray, wild release, RABCK, whatever.

The Participants (location/shipping pref)
carenhf (NJ/Int'l)
sarousse (France/Int'l)
Bug2004 (NE/USA)
300Dogs (NJ/USA)
Aramena (OK/USA)
JennyC1230 (??/USA)
flossie771 (??/USA) (<-- here as of 8/8/09!)
krl112 (NJ/USA)

I'll be sending the book out to the first participant as soon as I have an addy.

ENJOY!!! And happy bookcrossing...

Journal Entry 3 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On its way to carenhf...

Journal Entry 4 by carenhf from Fair Lawn, New Jersey USA on Friday, December 12, 2008

I got the book last night, it's first on my list to read.

Journal Entry 5 by carenhf from Fair Lawn, New Jersey USA on Thursday, December 18, 2008

I finished the book last night, and it's on it's way to Sarousse in France. It was a quick, light read. Perfect if you need something to take your mind off it all,and I do! A real fantasy.

Journal Entry 6 by sarousse from Pontoise, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, December 27, 2008

I got it... Thank you carenhf !!!

25.01 : It's very easy to read and I haveunderstand all the book ! Yeah ! Thank you...

Journal Entry 7 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, February 05, 2009

Rec'vd today...will get to it as quick as I can Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fun. Laughed out loud in several places. Could relate in a lot of ways. Great time!! Thanks for sharing!! Sorry to have kept it a bit longer than planned...luckily 300Dogs said she was in no rush, so that's good. ;) It will be off soon! :)

**Mailed off 5/22**

Journal Entry 9 by 300dogs from Jackson, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Arrived safely with several other rings recently. Yikes. It joins the TBR pile.

Journal Entry 10 by 300dogs from Jackson, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 26, 2009

This was a fast and easy read. Predictable yet enjoyable. When I had signed up for the ray, I had recently seen a commercial for the Lifetime tv movie. I never did get to see the tv movie but would still like to.

I don't want to spoil anything so don't read this part until after you've finished reading the book...

Jackie and I have the same due date of New Year's Eve! This is my first child unlike Jackie's third and I hope and pray that we don't end up with the same results.

--UPDATE--I ended up having a little girl on December 28th, 3 days early. We named her Caroline Barbara and she is perfect and healthy and life is good!

Journal Entry 11 by 300dogs at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 26, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (6/26/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

This book is being sent to aramena in Oklahoma. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, June 29, 2009

Arrived today! I'm getting close to the end of Little Women so should start this soon!

Journal Entry 13 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Saturday, July 11, 2009

I put this book on my wish list after seeing the Lifetime TV movie, and I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed this. As a single mother aged 45, I can't imagine getting involved with a younger man the way Jackie did, but it was fun to read about her adventures. But the book was so much more than that. Jane Porter really gets inside the head of a divorced woman and all those thoughts and feelings and fears that you experience. So in lots of ways I could still relate to Jackie.

And 300dogs, congratulations, that is so awesome!

I already have the next person's address so this should go out in the mail to her Monday.

Edited: I originally typed wish life instead of wish list! My subconscious at work?

Journal Entry 14 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, July 17, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (7/17/2009 UTC) at Moore, Oklahoma USA

Off to JennyC1230 today!

Journal Entry 15 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's here! I will read it next and get it to Flossie771 very soon! Thanks for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 16 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 31, 2009

I tried reading this book, but I must not have been in the mood because I read the first 25 pages and just couldn't get into it. Sorry! I have a bookbox going to Flossie771 next week, so I will mail this along with the bookbox.

Thanks for sharing esq228!

Journal Entry 17 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2009

Mailing tomorrow to Flossie771 along with her Virtual Romance Bookbox selections. Sending via Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #03080730000097437812

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 18 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Received this book today from JennyC1230. Adding to my tbr, will get to it soon. Thanks for including me in this ray.

Journal Entry 19 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Friday, August 07, 2009

What a great book. I really enjoyed this one....being a little over 40 myself...lol Thanks to esq228 for sharing and thanks to JennyC1230 for sending. I will pm the next in line and get it on it's way soon.

Journal Entry 20 by Flossie771 at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (8/12/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA

Mailed today to the next in line.

Journal Entry 21 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Arrived today! Thank you so much esq228 for including me in this bookring. And thank you to flossie771 for sending the book so quickly. I love the reusable bookcrossing envelope! I will order those from the supply store! Really great idea.

I plan to get to this book as soon as I finish another bookring book.

Journal Entry 22 by krl112 at Starbuck's in Glen Rock, New Jersey USA on Thursday, September 02, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (9/2/2010 UTC) at Starbuck's in Glen Rock, New Jersey USA

Hi! Thanks for picking up this book and in doing so, helping it on its journey. It is waiting for you to either read it or to share it with someone else. Please go to Bookcrossing.com, enter the BCID number you will find on the label inside and give us your journal entry about the book. When you are done with the book, please leave it somewhere else, give it to someone who would enjoy it or keep it if you like. But do let us know what your plans are by journaling it again.

Also please consider joining Bookcrossing! It is free and lots of fun to share books with others. You may remain anonymous if you like, but you can also select a screen name and that is the only way that you will be known. No one here EVER gives out your information unless you want to. Incidentally this site is also spam free!

If you join, please consider using my name, krl112, as your reference for membership. Enjoy the book and have fun reading!