corner corner Bergdorf Blondes: A Novel

Bergdorf Blondes: A Novel
by Plum Sykes | Women's Fiction
Registered by StinaRy of Long Beach, California USA on 12/4/2008

status (set by Bug2004): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Not great. Better than average, but kind of forgettable. I read this awhile back and while I remember it being enjoyable, I couldn't tell you the name of the main character. I could, however, tell you I thought she was fake. Not fake in oh-that-girl-acts-so-fake fake; but fake as in completely unbelievable fake. A truly imagniary friend kind of character. Yes - a true "Bergdorf" girl (i.e. I have a trust fund-my-last-name-is-Bergdorf) could do what these girls do and wear who these girls wear, but I never really believed the main character travelled in such circles.

Of course, I also vaguely remember there maybe possibly being an explanation of how she rocks the fabulous, but, it's a vague memory and given I can't even remember the name of this chick...well, like I said. Forgettable.

And yet I would totally tell my best girlfriend to take it to the beach with her. Maybe I'm just jealous.

Journal Entry 2 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Monday, December 08, 2008

Since I know I will never read this book again, better it get a second (and third and fourth...) life as a bookray....

The Rules
1. Journal the book as soon as you receive it.
2. Journal your thoughts after you read the book.
3. PM the next person on the list for their address.
4. Update your earlier journal entry or enter a new one when you mail the book. Media mail is fine.
5. Please try to hold on to the book no more than 4-6 weeks.
6. If you are the last one on the list, do as you please...continue the ray, wild release, RABCK, whatever.

The Participants (so far, only one, but maybe there will be another taker in the next day or so...)
Bug2004

I will be sending the book out as soon as I have an addy.

Journal Entry 3 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On its way to Bug2004...

Journal Entry 4 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Monday, December 15, 2008

Rec'vd today. Will get to soon! Thanks!!