corner corner The World According to Garp

The World According to Garp
by John Irving | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Moriquen of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 12/3/2008

status (set by YasminMounib): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"This is the life and times of T.S. Garp, the bastard son of Jenny Fields -- a feminist leader ahead of her times. This is the life and death of a famous mother and her almost-famous son; theirs is a world of sexual extremes -- even of sexual assassinations. It is a novel rich with "lunacy and sorrow"; yet the dark, violent events of the story do not undermine a comedy both ribald and robust. In more than thirty languages, in more than forty countries -- with more than ten million copies in print -- this novel provides almost cheerful, even hilarious evidence of its famous last line: 'In the world according to Garp, we are all terminal cases'. "

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen at Utopolis in Mechelen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (12/27/2008 UTC) at Utopolis in Mechelen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Ergens in de cinema zal ik dit boekje achterlaten. Veel plezier ermee!

Somewhere in the complex I'll leave this book behind. Have fun with it!

Journal Entry 3 by YasminMounib on Friday, January 09, 2009

Ik heb deze boek in de cinema in Mechelen, Antwerpen gevonden..
Ik heb hem helaas nog niet kunnen lezen maar ik heb hem toch meegenomen naar Doha, Qatar.
Na dat ik hem lees, zal ik hem misschien naar een vriendin geven..zij gaat binnen enkele maanden naar Schotland en misschien kan zij hem daar ergens achter laten :)
Anders laat ik hem ergens op school liggen voor de volgende lezer...

I found the book in the movie theatre (Utopolis) in Mecheln, Belgium.
I thought it was a very creative idea so I took it back with me to Doha, Qatar, where I live and I still have to read it. Afterwards, I will lend it to my friend who is going to Scottland for vacation, and maybe she can leave it there.