corner corner Walking with God

Walking with God
by Ginni Otto | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by spaceystacey of Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on 12/2/2008

status (set by Supertalya): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

This is our current read for the BAM bookclub. The meeting will be on December 4, 2008 and I will then be posting the book in the forums as a bookring.

Order of the ring:
1. Rossella05
2. Kbmarsh
3. spoiledrotten.
4. booklady331
5. sfogs
6. snufkin81
7. LittleWhiteBird 03/16/2010 has the read now.
8. ?????
9. supertayla for her to read if she wishes and to pass on in Korea.

Journal Entry 2 by XIV-590003 on Saturday, March 07, 2009

Thank you, arrived this morning and it's next on my TBR pile. Let me know who's next on the participant list.
Edited Fri 20 March 2009: I haven't had a chance to start this one yet as I've had relatives over from abroad. Will begin reading today.

Journal Entry 3 by XIV-590003 on Friday, March 27, 2009

I liked the book's premise and thought the storyline was original but I don't think it lived up to its potential. The main elements of the novel weren't sufficiently developed, the characters and their surroundings appeared flat and one dimensional and because of this the story never came to life for me. The author clearly believed she had an important message to communicate but ultimately did so in a way that felt condescending. Thank you spaceystacey for giving me a chance to read this one.

Journal Entry 4 by XIV-590003 at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/2/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to kbmarsh.

Journal Entry 5 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Friday, April 17, 2009

Looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 6 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Received in the mail along with 2 other rings!!!! Will read as soon as I am done with current book - please be patient. Thanks for sending and including me.

Journal Entry 7 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I really enjoyed this book. After being involved in an accident a young women finds herself in ancient times traveling with Jesus. While she is there her body remains in a deep sleep back home while her parents continue to care for her. I look forward to reading the next book in the series once it has been published. Will mail out to booklady331 as soon as I have her address. Thanks for including me in this wonderful book.

Journal Entry 8 by spoiledrotten at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, July 06, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Sent off today to continue on its journey. Enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I thought that I journaled the book when it arrived. It arrived the end of last week and I am currently more than 1/2 way through the book. I might get it off to the next person on Friday.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nice, enjoyable, quick read. I agree with Rossella05 that the characters appeared one dimensional. Will be sending it off on it's travels.

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Controlled Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 16, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (7/16/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! Off to sfogs to continue the bookring.

Journal Entry 12 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, July 23, 2009

Arrived safe and sound in little New Zealand!
Thanks to booklady331 for sending it to me!
Thanks to spaceystacey for starting the bookray!

Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
((Click on my dragon eggs it will help them grow))

Journal Entry 13 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

As I don't have a set faith, I was really suprise by how much I liked the whole story, though some bits were really sad and others had me rolling off the chair laughing!!
Thanks to bookcrossing, for getting to me a great story I would other wise have missed!
And to spaceystacey for starting the bookring!
and to booklady331 for sending it onto me!

Journal Entry 14 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Thursday, August 06, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (8/6/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

On it's way to Snufkin81 in South Africa!

Journal Entry 15 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I received this today. Thanks Sfogs, and also for the beautiful postcard from New Zealand! I'll add this to my TBR pile - I have a few other rings ahead of this one.

Journal Entry 16 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Thursday, February 25, 2010

I was a bit disappointed with this book. The concept was interesting, but I felt that the author focused too much energy on pushing her message and not enough on developing the story. This is the problem I have with a lot of Christian fiction - if I wasn't a Christian I would probably never pick up the book in the first place and if I did by accident I would put it down quite quickly once I realised that the author had an agenda. The end result is a case of "preaching to the choir" - the only people who read the book are those who don't need to hear the message.

Also, there were a few niggly historical inaccuracies and I felt the author glossed over some parts of the story (the Good Friday scenes felt particularly rushed).

However, I did get a sense of what life might have been like living and travelling with Jesus during his ministry, and also what it might have felt like to be part of his "inner circle", and for that I'm glad I read the book.

Journal Entry 17 by snufkin81 at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/26/2010 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent by airmail to LittleWhiteBird

Journal Entry 18 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Monday, March 15, 2010

The book arrived today. It'll have to get in line after the two books I'm currently reading.

Thank you snufkin81 for the nice baboon postcard that was tucked inside also.

I'll contact spaceystacey to figure out what to do next.

Journal Entry 19 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Friday, April 16, 2010

I really enjoyed reading the book. It came just at the right time for me. I was stressed preparing the income tax return and whenever I needed a break, I picked up the book. It really calmed me down to read this story, even the obviously sad parts.

I found the premise of the book very interesting. I'm a Christian and I like Sci-Fi - Rachel's trip was kind of like time travel to me, so it fit right in. At first I also (similar to another reader) thought Why did the author leave out all these other details, especially during Good Friday, but then rethought that, it would have been too artificially crammed to fit all the Biblical details in. The story probably had a better flow this way. I think I would have enjoyed more details on the Jewish customs and how they interact (and sometimes seem to interfere) with the new Christian life of the people in the book.

For the next edition, someone should get the remaining typos out of the book. There were some funny ones in there, mostly misspellings like "know" instead of "now" that the spell checker wouldn't catch.

Overall, a great book, I'm glad I had a chance to read it. If there's a sequel, I'd love to read that as well.

The book will go do Supertalya next once I get her address.

Journal Entry 20 by LittleWhiteBird at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 17, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/19/2010 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I'll bring this to the post office on Monday or Tuesday (the 19th or 20th) and send it to Supertalya.

Journal Entry 21 by Supertalya on Friday, May 07, 2010

What a surprise! Thanks so much. I will read it soon and pass it on to some of my reader friends here.