corner corner When Gravity Fails

When Gravity Fails
by George Alec Effinger | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 12/1/2008

status (set by imuzak12): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, December 01, 2008

Wishlist RABCK from ghir - thanks very much!

I put this on my wishlist back when I first decided to do a wishlist. I think I went to the bookstore and looked at the hardbacks to figure out what to put down...and this was one of them.

It must have caught my interest then, and it still sounds like it could be promising. Orson Scott Card, Spider Robinson, Harlan Ellison, Robert Silverberg, and George R.R. Martin liked it, so I'm adding it to my TBR stack with thanks. :D

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Marid Audran is definitely an anti-hero. He manages to survive in the wild world of the Budayeen and still respect himself most of the time, which is no mean feat, since the Buyadeen is based on the French Quarter of New Orleans with better drugs, better surgery, and better mind-bending technology. :p

Apparently Marid has further adventures in two more books; I wouldn't mind reading those, but I don't feel like I've been left hanging by the ending of this book. I wasn't aware that the author had passed away - apparently he finished only two chapters of the 4th book in the series.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reserved for JudySlump612's Superluminal VBB...which motivated me to finally read this book!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, March 12, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/12/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book has been chosen during Round 2 of JudySlump612's NPR SF VBB and is off to find a new reader..via media mail.

Journal Entry 5 by imuzak12 at Corpus Christi, Texas USA on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Thank you so much for mailing the book to me@Corpus Christi, Texas! I have heard of the title from somewhere but did not know what kind of story it was. Its synopsis sounds interesting, and I am looking forward to reading it.