corner corner ladybug74's Horror Bookbox

ladybug74's Horror Bookbox
by Various | Horror
Registered by ladybug74 of Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, December 01, 2008

status (set by ringlord59): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, December 01, 2008

This bookbox will be for U.S. members only due to shipping costs. This is the first bookbox that I have started, so please help me with making it a successful one!

The Rules:
1. Leave a journal entry for the box when you receive it and again after you make your choices. Please list the books that you take out and put in the box in your journal entry. The BCID number is on a card in the box.
2. Please don't forget to journal each individual book that you remove from the box.
3. Put in the same number of books that you take out of the box (or more).
4. Please keep the box no longer than 2 weeks. If something unexpected happens and you are delayed a bit, please let me know. (I do understand that the unexpected can happen to us all sometimes.)
5. Please don't let more than 3 books by the same author be in this box at any one time (with the exception of anthologies by various authors).
6. If the box becomes damaged or worn, please replace it. You can get free boxes at most stores that will work great for a bookbox.

The box will start out with the following books:
The Attraction by Douglas Clegg
The Ruins by Scott Smith
Spectre by Stephen Laws
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
Red by Jack Ketchum

Participants: (Mailing order is subject to change.)
tchouli, GA
mysticalzoe, ME
prollacct, PA
mom2jwn, PA
Shausha, PA
SCA2003, OH<<<<----------box went missing here

ringlord59 has made a generous offer to replace this box with a box of his books, to be mailed back to him at the end! Thank you so much!! :)
ringlord59, IN
Jare, NM
angeeaustin, TX<<--box is here
raerae78, NY
yvensong, NV
Firegirl, AZ
ladybug74, AL
ringlord59, IN

Journal Entry 2 by ladybug74 at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 01, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/2/2009 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to tchouli.

DC# 03052710000104173859

Journal Entry 3 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

box has arrived safely today before the rain
since i had to go to work, i made myself wait until now to open.
what a nice selection!

=^..^=

Journal Entry 4 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Friday, January 09, 2009

tchouli takes:

night chills - deen koontz

box shipped out today media mail dc#03080660000092153023 to mysticalzoe
don't be scared!
=^..^=

Journal Entry 5 by mysticalzoe from Gardiner, Maine USA on Friday, January 16, 2009

it must have come yesterday because I found it on the porch today and they were freezing. I am taking out:

The Ruins
Stalkers
Night Chills

Putting in:

The Hellbound Heart By Clive Barker
My diary at Rose red By Ellen Rimbauer
Darkness By John Saul

Journal Entry 6 by mysticalzoe at Gardiner, Maine USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/21/2009 UTC) at Gardiner, Maine USA

i am seding this box out today.

Journal Entry 7 by prollacct from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, January 30, 2009

I already had some books set aside so within the first 10 minutes of receiving the box, my trade was made!

Taking:

The Funhouse by Dean Koontz
Triage by Jack Ketchum, Richard Laymon, Edward Lee
The Infinite by Douglas Clegg
Grave's End- A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado

The bookmarks were a fun surprise. I added some myself. Thanks for including me!

Journal Entry 8 by prollacct at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 21, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/21/2009 UTC) at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for including me, these horror book boxes are always such fun! This was dropped off at the post office today for same state travel.

Journal Entry 9 by mom2jwn from East Freedom, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 27, 2009

Received this yesterday, didn't have a chance to look through it until this morning.

Took out:

Midnight Flight ~ VC Andrews
The Reckoning ~ Ruby Jean Jensen
Nightscape ~ Stephen George

Thanks for including me.
Will PM next in line for address & get this out asap.
I have to find a new box, becaue this one arrived to me in pretty bad shape,I hope there was nothing missing because the one whole side was torn open, sometimes I wonder what the PO does with our packages to make them look the way they do. :o)

Journal Entry 10 by mom2jwn from East Freedom, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 02, 2009

Sent this out to Shausha in Kersey PA this morning!!

Journal Entry 11 by Shausha from Kersey, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, March 06, 2009

here in elk county PA safely. What a great selection there is, I already have chosen several, will show to my Mom and then out within the week.

Journal Entry 12 by Shausha from Kersey, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009

I am getting the box ready to go out now. I have e-mailed the next in line in Ohio.
thanks, it was great!!!

Journal Entry 13 by Shausha from Kersey, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009

1. Darkness Peering by Alice Blanchard
6. Dead End R.L. Stine
7. First Class Murder by Elliot Roosevelt
8. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
9. You've Been Warned by James Patterson
we are putting all of these in and we are taking out the following:
1. Seize The Night by Dean Koontz
2. Billy by Whitley Streiber
3. Red by Jack Ketchum
4. Black Creek Crossing by John Saul
5. The Association by Bentley Little
6. Triage by Jack Ketchum
7. Darkness by John Saul
8. the Reckoning byRuby Jean Jensen

Journal Entry 14 by SCA2003 from Lancaster, Ohio USA on Thursday, April 02, 2009

Arrived safe here in OH, will go thru asap. Thanks for a Great Book box!

Journal Entry 15 by SCA2003 from Lancaster, Ohio USA on Monday, June 08, 2009

Sorry for keeping this box for so long!! Mailing out this week.

Books Added:
The Ruins by Scott Smith

Books Removed:
None

Thanks for a great Horror Book box!

Journal Entry 16 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, August 06, 2009

SCA2003 received this box about 4 months ago and journaled it again about 2 months ago, but has not been heard from since. I have tried sending several PMs and have posted on the forum, but have received no reply. Therefore I will consider this box to be lost!

ringlord59 has generously offered a box of books to replace this box, since he was next on the list. He will mail to the next participant. I will add myself after the last person and send the box back to ringlord59 after I am done with it at the end. Thanks so much for your generous offer to help get this box going again! :)

Journal Entry 17 by ringlord59 from Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Thursday, August 06, 2009

Putting together the Horror BookBox Part II, which contain a lot of different stuff as my definition of horror is rather broad. Managed to get 20 books thrown together. Let's get this thing going again.

Contacted Jare. Confirmed.
I shipped out the box on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 (with delivery confirmation, something we should all think about adding just to keep track of the box with the USPS system).

THE BOOKBOX (20 Books Total)
The Parasite - Ramsey Campbell
Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe

*new additions*
Black Fire by James Kidman
The Long Last Call by John Skipp
Blood Bond by Jacki Bentley (e-book, cd format)
The Abandoned by Douglas Clegg
Night Show by Richard Laymon
The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson
Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans

Journal Entry 18 by wingjarewing from Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The box arrived safely today here in Los Lunas, NM. What a great selection to choose from. Much thanks to ringlord59 for starting this back up. Now to decide....

Journal Entry 19 by wingjarewing from Tampa, Florida USA on Monday, August 31, 2009

Great selection! I am taking out the following:

Succulent Prey
The Descent
Created By
The Parasite

I am putting in:
Black Fire by James Kidman
The Long Last Call by John Skipp
Blood Bond by Jacki Bentley (e-book, cd format)
The Abandoned by Douglas Clegg
Night Show by Richard Laymon

I have sent a PM to angeeaustin and should get this out by the end of the week!

Journal Entry 20 by wingjarewing at Pearland, Texas USA on Thursday, December 10, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (12/10/2009 UTC) at Pearland, Texas USA

After multiple crazy delays, this box is finally on it's way to angeeaustin in TX. I apologize for holding it up. It got lost in the mess of a move, then life happened on top of it all. Happy trails, dear box!

USPS Delivery Confirmation number: 03090330000020402477

Journal Entry 21 by angeeaustin from Pearland, Texas USA on Sunday, December 27, 2009

The box is here in Pearland, TX. I wanted to wait until after the holidays to mail it back out, because the post office was horrendous!

I am taking out:
Second Child by John Saul
Ghost Story by Peter Straub
The Funhouse by Dean Koontz

I am adding:
The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson
Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans

I have PM'd the next in line. I will post again with a DC# when the box goes in the mail.

Journal Entry 22 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This box has not been journaled since December and I have made multiple attempts to get in contact with angeeaustin, so I will assume it is another "lost" box. I apologize to ringlord59, who was so kind to replace this box after it disappeared the 1st time, and now it has happened again! I also apologize to everyone else who had books in this box or the 1st that went missing. I have had such bad luck with people taking my bookboxes and not passing them on that I will probably not do any more. It really sucks that a few people have to ruin it for so many others. :( Maybe our books will be journaled some day. Who knows where they might show up? In the mean time, it really sucks that yet another box has gone missing.

Journal Entry 23 by ringlord59 from Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I was thinking the same thing Ladybug.
Not a good book box experience.