corner corner The 80/20 Principle: The Secret of Achieving More with Less

by Richard Koch | Business & Investing
Registered by LeighBCD on 11/29/2008

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, November 29, 2008

I came across this book on a forum somewhere and the idea of it fascinated me. Basic premise is that 80% of results flow from 20% of causes, ie. most of the time we spend is wasted. 20% effort could well achieve the same outputs and consequences as 100% effort. I don't have enough hours, at least that is what I feel, to achieve everything I need to. So I bought the book.

It is a logical theory and has definitely affected the way I have approached work this week as I tried to process my tasks. I caught myself obsessing over how an email read and realised I had wasted 30 mins on it. 5 mins would have achieved the same message. So, my time management might improve? Fingers crossed!

I will release this book into the wild or trade it.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (12/8/2008 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

Here's hoping all who read this book gain inspiration from it!