corner corner Necroscope 2: Vamphyri! (Necroscope Trilogy, Volume 2)

Necroscope 2: Vamphyri! (Necroscope Trilogy, Volume 2)
by Brian Lumley | Horror
Registered by Bug007 of Duluth, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 02, 2003

status (set by SandDanz): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Bug007 from Duluth, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 02, 2003

Journal Entry 2 by quinnsmom from Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Monday, January 26, 2004

definitely an April read. Thanks very very much! I will read/repost/make available.

Journal Entry 3 by quinnsmom from Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Thursday, April 08, 2004

My special thanks again to bug007.

I FINALLY finished this book today! Second in the Necroscope Trilogy starring Harry Keogh, this book also continues the story of Thibor Ferenczy, going back to his beginnings when he first became a vampire. While he is telling Harry the story, he sort of leaves out a small detail: he had managed to create a new vampire, one almost as powerful as himself, while laying buried under the earth. The new kid's name is Yulian Bodescu -- the name just SOUNDS evil!!! Now Yulian poses a threat and once again Harry & his friends at British INTERESP must join forces with their enemies, the Soviet ESPers and try to lay this vampire to rest for once and for all.

Bodescu is positively evil; where in the first book you may have felt a little bit sorry for the bad guy ('cause you know, it wasn't really his fault), I could find absolutely zero ounces of sympathy for Yulian. He must be one of the most evil creatures I have ever encountered.

This book, and in fact, the series so far, is incredibly intense! This one goes WAY beyond something like the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice; there's absolutely nothing upbeat here. I can't wait to read the entire series -- but I get way too involved in these so I need a break.

Very fun, one of the ultimate good vs evil books. If you are a fan of that particular genre, such as myself, you won't want to miss this book, or the series by Lumley.

Journal Entry 4 by quinnsmom from Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Friday, September 09, 2005

claimed by Sanddanz, one of my very good bc buds!

Journal Entry 5 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Monday, September 19, 2005

Yay! This fills in the hole of my series. Thanks so much Quinnsmom! *HUGS*