corner corner A Dry White Season

A Dry White Season
by Andre Brink | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Caroley of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 11/23/2008

status (set by Danielle23): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ben Du Toit is an ordinary, decent, harmless man whose sense of justice is outraged by the death at the hands of the police of a man knew. As Ben investigates, he finds that his curiosity becomes labelled as rebellion. The author has won South Africa's CNA award for both Afrikaans and English work.

Journal Entry 2 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's not often that I let a cup of coffee go cold but I managed to do it while reading the end of this book. It had me in its grip and I completely lost track of my surroundings while I had it in my hands. It's set in South Africa and deals with one white man's quest to put right the injustice of the murder of his friend's son. The problem is that his friend is black and the son was murdered by the police and covered up. And this is South Africa in the 1970s. I love reading books like this. They're entertaining and informative at the same time as although the novel is fiction, nothing in it has been invented.

Journal Entry 3 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thanks so much for your donation Caroley!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf

Journal Entry 4 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 03, 2012

Requested by Danielle23

Journal Entry 5 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 03, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/4/2012 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

On its way to Danielle23.

Journal Entry 6 by Danielle23 at Sunderland, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, February 06, 2012

Really looking forward to reading this book, thanks Carole. I will hopefully make this my next read.