corner corner The Midwich Cuckoos

The Midwich Cuckoos
by JOHN WYNDHAM | Nonfiction
Registered by Caroley of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 11/23/2008

status (set by iwillrejoice): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, November 23, 2008

1001 books
Cuckoos lay eggs in other bird's nests. The clutch that was fathered on the quiet little village of Midwich, one night in September, proved to possess a monstrous will of its own. It promised to make the human race look as dated as the dinosaur.

This is a different edition to the picture shown above. It's an old Penguin (1967), but in excellent condition.

Journal Entry 2 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, September 27, 2009

This was superb. I loved Day of the Triffids and this was even better. It's a short book at just over 200 pages but there's a lot of story packed in there. I was gripped right to the end.

Read it and you'll soon see why it deserves its place on the 1001 list.

As this is on the 1001-library's wish list I'm going to donate it.

Journal Entry 3 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Reserved for Heaven150

Journal Entry 4 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, March 19, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/19/2010 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Posted surface mail to Heaven150

Journal Entry 5 by Heaven150 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Received today. Thank you so much for sending this to me. It is next up on my TBR (as soon as I'm done reading my current book). When I'm finished I will make available to the 1001-library again.

Journal Entry 6 by Heaven150 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fabulous little story. Short book (just over 200 pages), but very well written. Moves along at a very nice place, sucks you in and keeps you there. Found parts of it chilling. I think the most chilling thing is that it seems believable. I could actually imagine a small town "infested" with children with the ability to control others. Highly recommended.

Is now available again through the 1001-library.

Journal Entry 7 by Heaven150 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 30, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (3/30/2012 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Mailed out as part of the US/Can 1001-library VBB. Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Received today, along with some great stamps for my mom's collection. Thank you!

Part of flewry's 1001-library VBB (round 2).

I love how the oddities of the site have put this book under "nonfiction"...

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 14, 2018

This book has been weeded from the 1001-library due to lack of circulation: first I need to FIND it, but once I do it will probably hit the road. This is not a reflection on the book, but on my urgent need to downsize and my lack of unlimited space. :(

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 21, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (5/21/2018 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Monday, May 21, 2018: now that this is no longer part of the 1001 library, it's headed to Florida as a wishlist RABCK. Happy reading!

ETA 6/11/18
USPS tracking 9549 0104 3303 8141 4609 57

Released for my 2018 theater challenge - apparently there was a radio drama version done.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 11 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, June 21, 2018

Arrived safely in Florida while I was out of town. Thanks for sharing!