corner corner Tuesdays with Morrie: an Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson

Tuesdays with Morrie: an Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
by Mitch Albom | Humor
Registered by Cody-girl of Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, November 22, 2008

status (set by ardachy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Cody-girl from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not really the type of book I would normally read - a bit too "American" for me

Journal Entry 2 by Cody-girl at Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (11/23/2008 UTC) at Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

To be given to a fellow book-crosser...

Journal Entry 3 by wingEmEliwing from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, November 23, 2008

And that fellow Bookcrosser is me. The book goes on my ever growing mount TBR.

Journal Entry 4 by wingEmEliwing from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, September 07, 2009

I thought this was a very special story and I enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 5 by Melanthe from Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm very curious... but TBR is the status it will keep for some time, I fear...
Thanx for this present in the summer lottery!

---------
Edited on 20-10-2009:
This was the first book I received as prize of the lottery, and so it was only fair to read it before the others. And I'm glad I did: it was a really nice book about life. Although some of the lessons 'Mitch' learned seemed very obvious to me, in general it depicts a way of life that should be lived by more people, and not only because of their lethal illness or their old age. If I could change mine only a little bit to the way Morrie lives...

I think I will give it to a friend.

Journal Entry 6 by Melanthe at Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (12/31/2009 UTC) at Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands

Dit boek gaat naar Fifna, de winnares van de herfstloterij! Ik hoop dat je het een mooi boek vindt, de BC'ers voor je vonden dat in ieder geval wel!

---
This book is the prize in the autumn lottery for Fifna. I hope you'll like the book, just as the fellow Bookcrossers did before you.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFifnawing from Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thank you very much, Melanthe! I read Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven and enjoyed it, so am looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 8 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I must say I agree with Melanthe, some of Morrie's lessons appear to be so obvious. But maybe that is precisely why they need to be taught, we think we already know all this, but do we actually put it into practice? I don't know whether I would necessarily have picked this book out to read, but I'm glad it came my way. I'll probably take it to the convention in Dublin, so it can continue on it travels.

Journal Entry 9 by wingFifnawing at Dublin Convention 2012 in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, April 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Dublin Convention 2012 in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Going to the 2012 Convention at Camden Court Hotel.

Journal Entry 10 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Picked up at the BC convention in Dublin.

Journal Entry 11 by wingardachywing at Foresters Arms OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/18/2012 UTC) at Foresters Arms OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

On the OBCZ shelf.