corner corner Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken

Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken
by Shannon Olson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Annandale, Virginia USA on 11/17/2008

status (set by Bookish-Angel): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, November 17, 2008

From Amazon.com description: Life just isn't The Love Boat for nearly-thirty Shannon, the tongue-in-cheek heroine of Welcome to My Planet. Credit cards don't pay themselves, no obvious mate has appeared with her name pinned to his collar, and a job doing new-product research for a fledgling software company doesn't quite make ends meet in the meaning-of-life department. Then there's the loser boyfriend, another boyfriend, her therapist, and unforgettably, Shannon's mom, Flo, with her unrecognizable leftover casseroles and quirky advice for her daughter. In a fit of debt and with a bruised heart, Shannon moves back home to witness the day-to-day tremors of her parents' own marriage. This is a dark-and-light tale-freshly witty and poignant-told by a young woman with a universal touch.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/8/2009 UTC) at Mesa, Arizona USA

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: RABCK to Bookish-Angel. This is one of two books stowing away with a third, very special title which will be wild released in Asia or Australia. I just thought I'd send this along, BA, since it caught your eye. I certainly don't expect you to take them all with you, this is just for fun. It's a good read; think you'll like it.

Journal Entry 3 by Bookish-Angel on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A sweet RABCK from my friend Firegirl, who a) spoils me with RABCK's and b) is the nicest BookCrosser I know!

Hugz, girlfriend!

Journal Entry 4 by Bookish-Angel at Four Points Sheraton, Sussex St in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Friday, February 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/20/2009 UTC) at Four Points Sheraton, Sussex St in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Hilarious and quirky without the snottiness and mean-spiritedness so often found in Gen X books. I loved it!

Left in hotel lobby on the bookshelf.