corner corner Leadbelly: Inside Australia's Underworld Wars

Leadbelly: Inside Australia's Underworld Wars
by John Silvester, Andrew Rule | Nonfiction
Registered by Sabavana of Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on 11/14/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Friday, November 14, 2008

"Another day, another underworld funeral. In Melbourne, generations of gangsters have lived and died by the creed "We catch and kill our own". But now the violence bubbling under the surface has spilled into open war on the streets. This is the story of the gangsters, the hitmen and the police who deal with them in the deadliest game of all."

Journal Entry 2 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sending to catbot as a RABCK - enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by catbot from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 15, 2008

Part of Sabavana's "Send an enormous parcel of books to CatBot out of awsome generosity and enthusiasm" RABCK!! THANK YOU! :D :D Really looking forward to it, as I loved the "Underbelly" series.

Edit: 16/1/09 - This wasn't as good as I expected, so I didn't read more than the first 80 pages. The style of writing was a bit dry, and rather confusing. I think I was expecting the show in a book :)

Journal Entry 4 by catbot at Bookmooch.com, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 16, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/16/2009 UTC) at Bookmooch.com, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases

Sending to a Moocher :)

Journal Entry 5 by jeniwren from Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Received today via Australia Post in controlled release from a fellow bookcrosser/moocher. Requested this one on behalf of my husband who enjoyed the television series Underbelly.

Journal Entry 6 by jeniwren from Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, July 30, 2009

My husband has read this and found it very interesting and recommended it for an insight into the darker side of Australian life.

Making available now for the OZ VBB....

Journal Entry 7 by jeniwren at Yokine, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 03, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (8/3/2009 UTC) at Yokine, Western Australia Australia

I have posted this book today and it will be on its way to Yokine Western Australia first mail in the morning. This book has been requested by aussieangel2 as her choice from the OZ Virtual Book Box organised by freelunch

Journal Entry 8 by aussieangel2 from Noranda, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Selected from the Oz VBB and received in the mail today. My husband reads anything like this so it has been added to his tbr pile. The plan is that if he wants a copy to keep I will buy a copy later and re-release this one.

Journal Entry 9 by aussieangel2 at Dux Cafe, 71 South Terrace in Como, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 25, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (4/25/2010 UTC) at Dux Cafe, 71 South Terrace in Como, Western Australia Australia

Releasing at meetup.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at East Victoria Park, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Could not get into the book, I think to much on telly with the same context at the time