corner corner Steinbeck Centennial Grapes Of Wrath

Steinbeck Centennial Grapes Of Wrath
by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction
Registered by HoserLauren of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 11/11/2008

status (set by alexpothemont): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I received this as part of my birthday present from my boyfriend.

From Chapters:
Although it follows the movement of thousands of men and women and the transformation of an entire nation, "The Grapes of Wrath" is also the story of one Oklahoma farm family, the Joads, who are driven off their homestead and forced to travel west to the promised land of California. Out of their trials and their repeated collisons against the hard realities of an America divided into Haves and Have-Nots, Steinbeck created a drama that is intensely human yet majestic in its scale and moral vision, elemental yet plainspoken, tragic but ultimately stirring in its insistence on human dignity.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Brickyard Park in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (8/12/2018 UTC) at Brickyard Park in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.

Journal Entry 3 by alexpothemont at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 20, 2018

This book was good...I read it in high school and then again recently when I found this book...it brought back memories.