corner corner No! I Don't Want to Join a Book Club: Diary of a Sixtieth Year

No! I Don't Want to Join a Book Club: Diary of a Sixtieth Year
by Virginia Ironside | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingHunterRyuwing of West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, November 03, 2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, November 03, 2008

This Book is going out as a replacement to the one lost in this bookray

1. Annodyne (UK) finished
13. Bug2004 (USA) finished
14. debnance (USA) finished
15. bluehawaii218 (USA)finished
16. booknhand (USA)
<--- original lost in transit after here
17 - HunterRyu (USA) replacement copy
18. allbookedup (AUSTRIA) <---- Book is here
19. solskinn (AUSTRIA) (asked to be removed)
20. Inver (UK)
21. KiwiinEngland(UK)
22. back to lellie

Journal Entry 2 by wingHunterRyuwing at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 30, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (12/1/2008 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Finished reading this book. It was very interesting to see the point of view of someone much older than myself. The varying outlook on life and different experiences are so interesting to read about. Wonderfully told in the diary perspective.

mailing this along to allbookedup to get the bookray re-started!

Journal Entry 3 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanks for replacing the lost book!

The book arrived today with a little surprise gift "The Humbug Man". Thank you & Merry Xmas!

Journal Entry 4 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Thursday, January 01, 2009

I really enjoyed it and agree with HunterRyu, the diary style worked well and Marie really has a good sense of humour.
Inver asked to be skipped due to a recent family loss and I sent a PM to KiwiinEngland and hope to be able to send the book on in the next days.
Thanks for sharing and re-starting this bookray!

Journal Entry 5 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 04, 2009

sending it off to kiwiinengland tomorrow morning!

Journal Entry 6 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 04, 2009

sending it off to kiwiinengland SAP

Journal Entry 7 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Books is safely here, I have three rings at the moment that have arrived in the last few days (gulp). But will get to it ASAP.

Thanks for everyone for posting it on.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, March 02, 2009

A fun read, which explored life from the point of view of a sixty year old. Some very English humour at times, which was great to read.

I enjoyed this book, as Maria learnt that although she thought she had got over stressing over the small stuff you don't stop learning just because you are 60(ish).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am at the end of the ring the originator has suggested I release it. I will pass it on to my mother and then hopefully release it as part of the NZ bookcrossing convention 2009.

Journal Entry 9 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/6/2009 UTC) at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

Passed on to my mother to read. I think she'll enjoy this lighthearted book.

Journal Entry 10 by -tui- from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Received from my daughter.
This book is so close to home, some of the ideas are worthy of considering.
But I haven't been invited to join a book club!

Journal Entry 11 by -tui- at 2009 Bookcrossing Convention in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (4/16/2009 UTC) at 2009 Bookcrossing Convention in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Taken to Convention

Journal Entry 12 by Miskacat on Monday, April 20, 2009

Being "of a certain age" I enjoyed the moments of truth in the book and the gentle humour. I will see if a member of my Book Group would like to read it and make sure they will promise to register and send it on it's way.
Picked up at the Convention and it has travelled 45kms to Leithfield.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's funny and easy to read.

CAUGHT IN LEITHFIELD CANTERBURY NEW ZEALAND