corner corner The Bone Garden

The Bone Garden
by Tess Gerritsen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 02, 2008

status (set by CynthiaRichard): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 02, 2008

Present day: Julia Hamill has made a horrifying discovery on the grounds of her new home in rural Massachusetts: a skull buried in the rocky soil–human, female, and, according to the trained eye of Boston medical examiner Maura Isles, scarred with the unmistakable marks of murder.

Boston, 1830: In order to pay for his education, medical student Norris Marshall has joined the ranks of local “resurrectionists”–those who plunder graveyards and harvest the dead for sale on the black market. But when a distinguished doctor is found murdered and mutilated on university grounds, Norris finds that trafficking in the illicit cadaver trade has made him a prime suspect.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 06, 2009

I'm planning on sending this out as a bookray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. kerbam1421 - US (US)
2. redhot-brat - US (Intl)
3. faerie-glen - Germany (Europe)
4. spiderchic - UK (Intl)
5. raeliz64 - UK (Intl)
6. luckof - Canada (NA/Intl)

Beginnings its journey on April 25th!

Journal Entry 3 by kerbam1421 from Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Friday, May 08, 2009

Received this book today safe and sound! :) I plan on starting it this weekend - thank you so much lauraloo! :)

Journal Entry 4 by kerbam1421 at Landover, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (5/28/2009 UTC) at Landover, Maryland USA

I really enjoyed this book. I loved reading the "historical fiction". The author really made me feel like I was there. I will definitely look for more of her books. Thank you so much for including me in this ring.

Off to redhot-brat in MN - Enjoy! :)

DC #: 420560239102128882300725675222

Journal Entry 5 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

This has arrived safely in Minnesota. I have one book ahead of it, but will get to it very soon. Thanks a bunch for sharing it with me.

Journal Entry 6 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Sunday, June 07, 2009

I just finished this. Another great read by Gerritsen. It really keeps ya guessing. I will send it on it's way as soon as I hear back from Faerie-glen with an address. Again - thanks for sharing with me. it's always much appreciated.

Journal Entry 7 by faerie-glen from Ulm, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, August 27, 2009

Arrived, thanks!

Edit: Historical fiction mixed with science and thriller elements - just the right book for me!

Now travelling to spiderchic in the UK.

Journal Entry 8 by spiderchic from Droylsden, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I am so sorry I thought I'd journalled this and obviously I hadn't - sorry!! Anyhow am reading it as we speak and enjoying it. Am over halfway through so shall PM raeliz64 for their address in readiness.

Journal Entry 9 by spiderchic from Droylsden, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Friday, December 04, 2009

I really enjoyed this book, especially the parts set in the 1830's. In fact I kept forgetting about the modern day bits and didn't really see the point of them.
Have sent this on to raeliz64 today hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 10 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Received today - thanks very much :-)

Journal Entry 11 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, January 15, 2010

This was a bit different to Tess Gerritsen's usual books, but I enjoyed it very much.

Journal Entry 12 by wingraeliz64wing at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/27/2010 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Posted to luckof today.

Journal Entry 13 by luckof from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 04, 2010

Rec'd this today and ready to start it...perfect timing! Thanks for sharing! Will PM laurloo29 to see where its to travel next.

Journal Entry 14 by luckof from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 18, 2010

Loved this book! I liked the way two stories mingled into one -- I think I will share this at my next meet up as I know there are a few there that would enjoy this..thanks for sharing lauraloo!!

Journal Entry 15 by luckof at Thornton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/21/2010 UTC) at Thornton, Ontario Canada

Bringing along for release at tonight's meetup..enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by wingmaggiemuffetwing from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 23, 2010

picked up at bookcrossing meet-up, will definitely reserve for Head & Shoulders Challenge.

Journal Entry 17 by wingmaggiemuffetwing at Barrie, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/19/2012 UTC) at Barrie, Ontario Canada

Releasing to another bookcrosser, releasing for Head & Shoulders Challengge.
Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by Maggiemuffet. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it.
In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on it's journey.

Journal Entry 18 by CynthiaRichard at Tim Hortons in Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/29/2012 UTC) at Tim Hortons in Barrie, Ontario Canada