corner corner Maya

Maya
by Jostein Gaarder | Literature & Fiction
Registered by elis-fromSweden of Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Originally published in Norway in 199 as "Maya".
This copy is in English.
This is a large paperback

Moving from Fiji to Spain, and between the present and the past, Maya unravels the questions that give meaning to the lives of the characters, and to our own, exploring the necessity of love.

Journal Entry 2 by elis-fromSweden from Stenstorp, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, February 14, 2009

Perhaps someday I will read this book (another copy of course) but this goes unread to Canada. I bought the book second hand in order to send it to the winner of the Tiara Sweepstake, but then I found another more suitable book for her. It is against my bookcrossing way -sending away books I haven't read, but I haven't had time to read this one and probably won't for a few years and it is not a book to read fast, to skim. So I hope the future readers will enjoy it and particularly the bookcrosser that picked it in a virtual book box where it participated.

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 20, 2009

Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/12/2012 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to Nu-Knees. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thank you very much, lauraloo29, for this kind gift from my wish list - much appreciated, thanks! I listed it after reading and enjoying several of this impressive author's other books, always thought-provoking. And thank you, elis-fromSweden, for setting it free in the first place. Unfortunately I can't say how soon I might get around to reading it as I have quite a number of books waiting for my attention .... but I can promise that it will get to the top of the piles eventually ....

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 13, 2013

After careful consideration I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that my 66-year old brain is too old and tired for philosophising on life, death and the secrets of the universe at this level .... I finished it - but I can't say I enjoyed it .... it's all a bit too deep and meaningful for me, I'm afraid .... And it's a very long time since I've been tempted to discuss evolution and environmental concerns over a bottle of gin with a gecko .... that's more of a young man's game!
On the positive side, I did enjoy the various myths and stories from the South Pacific and the gypsies of Andalucia, plus there are some beautiful descriptions of Fiji.

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 02, 2013

Released 6 mos ago (9/27/2013 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

This is one of the books I'll be making Available when BookCrossers gather in Leeds for the annual UK (un)Convention at the end of September. If it's not claimed from the Book Buffet by an Attendee on Friday or Saturday, then it'll be left lying around somewhere in the City on Sunday morning. I hope it's next reader will let us know where it is! Enjoy!

Over two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 nearly ten million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't cost anything and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!