corner corner Thunderbird

Thunderbird
by Susan Slater | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingazukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, October 26, 2008

status (set by Scrythe): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, October 26, 2008

When a prototype stealth fighter jet crashes on sacred Native American land near Gallup, NM, Natives and Anglos alike fear the aftershocks. Tribal policeman Tommy Spottedhorse worries about his "almost" girlfriend, who went missing after witnessing the incident, while Colonel Anderson, whose career is already under a cloud, focuses proprietarily on accounting for the dead pilot and the plane's technology. After the subsequent murder of a nearby park ranger, series sleuth Ben Pecos (The Pumpkin Seed Massacre) comes up with clues that join the two divergent paths. A solid, suspenseful narrative and colorful glimpses of Native American life, strongly recommend this to fans of Southwestern mysteries.

Journal Entry 2 by wingazukiwing at Panera Bread, 8870 SW 72nd Court in Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (12/23/2008 UTC) at Panera Bread, 8870 SW 72nd Court in Miami, Florida USA

Happy Holidays! I am glad you have found this book.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book to let us know it's with you now. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to Panera, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Visit also the BookCrossing community to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Scrythe from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, January 10, 2009

I was just eating at Panera with my family and noticed the books as I was walking back to the table. I read the first four chapters and seems to be an interesting read. As soon as I finish it I'll release it again. Most likely not Panera again. We'll see..

....And the Ender's Game it came with...I might keep that as I've been wanting to read it for a while =D