corner corner Pies and Prejudice In search of the North

Pies and Prejudice In search of the North
by Stuart Maconie | Entertainment
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 11/18/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Amazon Editorial Review:

A northerner in exile, stateless and confused, hearing rumors of Harvey Nichols in Leeds and Maseratis in Wilmslow, the author goes in search of The North. Delving into his own past, it is a riotously funny journey in search of where the cliches end and the truth begins. He travels from Wigan Pier to Blackpool Tower, the Bigg Market in Newcastle to the daffodil-laden Lake District in search of his own Northern Soul, encountering along the way an exotic cast of characters while he battles with his own identity.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 31, 2009

"Witty & wise, with more good lines than the Angel of the North" says the back cover blurb &, yeah I can agree with that.

Of course some chapters were more entertaining than others & I particulary enjoyed Mills & Bhuna (Lancashire) & "Cardboard Box? You Were Lucky" (Yorkshire) - though I do have one criticism here, while talking of brass bands, there was no mention of The Brighouse & Rastrick...disgraceful!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book...even though it was written by a Lancastrian ;o)

read as part of the 2009 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE - themed "NON-FICTION" read for July
& the REDUCE MOUNT TBR CHALLENGE (#59)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, July 31, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/31/2009 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2009 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 11, 2011

Given back to me for re-releasing.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/27/2011 UTC) at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE - themed "FOOD & DRINK" release for April

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to
the Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop
so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.

Or maybe you found it else where....if so, please tell us where it has travelled to!

I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 04, 2011

cracking book had seen it in forget me not but had not noticed maconie was the author it is in koh mak thailand at the moment