corner corner Making the Cat Laugh

Making the Cat Laugh
by Lynne Truss | Humor
Registered by Tregossip of St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, October 24, 2008

status (set by trekwoman): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Tregossip from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, October 24, 2008

on a "cat trip" currently as having just adopted 8yr old Dulcie from RSCPA. Book found in Cornwall Cancer Care charity shop for 75p

Not read anything from Lynne Truss before

Updated 5/11/08
Thoroughly enjoyed

Lynne Truss is a writer and broadcaster who started out as a literary editor. Author of Eats, Shoots & Leaves, With One Lousy Free Packet of Seeds, Tennyson's Gift and Going Loco.

These columns (which form this book) first appeared in The Listner, The Times and Woman's Journal

Now off on a RAY
I think we all know the form/guidelines now without repeating it
Just enjoy folks:-
CITIBELLE UK arrived 22/11/08
mazzlestar UK arrived 9/12/08
Scruffykaz UK arrived 22/1/09
solskinn Austria MISS
krl112 USA
pitluv4 Canada

Journal Entry 2 by Tregossip at St. Feock, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, November 20, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (11/21/2008 UTC) at St. Feock, Cornwall United Kingdom

On it's way - enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by CITIBELLE from Wigmore, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Received this morning, Thanks Tregossip, will read as soon as I can and hopefully get it on its way next week. I have quite enjoyed some of her previous work, so looking forward to this.

Journal Entry 4 by CITIBELLE from Wigmore, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Quite enjoyable although it felt a tad dated. Very much in the style of "Grumpy Old Women" On its way to Mazzlestar soon.

Journal Entry 5 by mazzlestar from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Not sure when this got to me as I was away most of last week, but I have it now and will read it in one book's time :) looks fun! I love grumpy old women :D

Journal Entry 6 by mazzlestar at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/20/2009 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I really enjoyed this, although I found it hard to read more than a few pages at once, not sure why. It's on its travels again, now, anyway, to Scruffykaz :)

Journal Entry 7 by Scruffykaz from Rainham, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Arrived on Thursday. Thank you for this!

Journal Entry 8 by Scruffykaz at mail, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 13, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (6/13/2009 UTC) at mail, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Oppsy! I forgot to register the release of this book!

It was sent to the USA via surface mail on Thursday (11.06.09).

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to read it because I've got a huge backlog after my exams :-)

Journal Entry 9 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Sunday, July 26, 2009

It arrived this past week while I was away. Thank you for sending this book to me. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 10 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Monday, August 10, 2009

Great book! There were many laugh out loud moments for me. I love the "voice" the author uses when writing. It's kind of like a jaded single woman with a lot of sarcasm.

Thank you so much for including me in this bookray.

Journal Entry 11 by krl112 at Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (8/15/2009 UTC) at Hawthorne, New Jersey USA

Sending this to dvg as a surprise RABCK. Permission from tregossip to skip last person who is known staller. I know dvg will love this book! Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 12 by dvg from Flanders, New Jersey USA on Friday, August 21, 2009

I can't wait to read this book! Thank you so much krl112 for surprising me! (And tregossip!) As my friend knows, I am a huge cat lover. I have wondered many times if I am making my cats laugh. I swear I have seen a little smile here and there especially when they get a Greenie (treat). Annnyway.....

After reading krl112's comments, I think I will love this book - sarcasm and laughs! My kinda book. =) I have actually heard good things about this author and am looking forward to my first read by Truss!

Journal Entry 13 by dvg at Postal Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (9/10/2009 UTC) at Postal Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I am so glad that you shared this book with me! A well-written book filled with sarcasm and smiles. There are so many things in this book that a woman can relate to that it is hard for me to pick any one in particular as a favorite. But I was laughing out loud at the word scramble puzzle because that is the only puzzle I enjoy doing. I must admit to thinking of circling them that way sometimes but I've never done it.

Putting this in an envelope with a few others to share with JennyC1230. =)

Journal Entry 14 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 14, 2009

Thank you so much! As a big cat lover I think this book looks really good and funny too! Thanks so much for the RABCK dvg!

Journal Entry 15 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This was such a cute book! The author reminds me of Bridget Jones, except maybe a bit smarter when it comes to men! She has an interesting point of view.

Journal Entry 16 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

This book is in the ABC (Already Been Crossed) Bookbox.

Journal Entry 17 by trekwoman from Los Angeles, California USA on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Here's hoping this book is terrifically funny. I always need a good laugh.

Journal Entry 18 by trekwoman from Los Angeles, California USA on Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hrm. As someone who is newly single (again. Gotta love dating, eh?), I reached for this book hoping it would provide a laugh. Wellllllllllllll, it didn't quite get there for me. Maybe for the next reader?

Journal Entry 19 by trekwoman at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (5/10/2010 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Donation to library/charity.