corner corner The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Carole888 of Perth, Western Australia Australia on 10/24/2008

status (set by seldombites): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Carole888 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Friday, October 24, 2008

We read this for book club a few years ago. I had never read anything set in Afghanistan, until this and it lead me to read up more about the country .... and also look up some of the historical places mentioned in the story. This is an excellent read.....I have yet to see the movie that came out later ... perhaps one day in the future I will get it out and see how it compares with the book.
[It was a battle to read the book though, as Mr888 saw it and started to read it too ...... and we ended up fighting over it.... He got through it in a few days, though ...... :)]

Journal Entry 2 by Carole888 at Perth, Western Australia Australia on Monday, July 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/20/2009 UTC) at Perth, Western Australia Australia

I have added this book to the OZ VBB run by freelunch and it is now a journey to it's new home. Happy travelling little book! Hoping the next reader will enjoy it as much as we did.

(The book was posted at 4pm Perth time [Mon 20th] and should take a week to reach it's destination.)

Journal Entry 3 by trystja on Monday, July 27, 2009

Thanks Carole :) I can't wait to read this one! It took a week to get here as predicted!

Journal Entry 4 by trystja at Shellharbour, New South Wales Australia on Monday, June 07, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/7/2010 UTC) at Shellharbour, New South Wales Australia

This book is on its way to Fairy-whispers as part of the Oz VBB :) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by seldombites at Rockhampton, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Hello Kitty Thanks

G'day,

Just checking in to let you know I am safe and sound. I am having a nice visit with fairy-whispers before continuing on my travels. I hope you’re having as much fun as I am!

With Great Affection,