corner corner Achingly Alice

Achingly Alice
by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor | Children's Books
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 10/23/2008

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 23, 2008

Picked up for my banned books box.

This author has had many books in this series banned.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 13, 2008

Into my banned books bookbox this goes!

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

removed from the banned bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/19/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is being released as part of the Banned and Challenged Book Release Challenge, RABCK Challenge, the Ultimate Release Challenge, and the Reduce My TBR Release Challenge.

Mailed 1st Class with Delivery Confirmation. The confirmation number is: 0308 0070 0000 8025 7156

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Received today with thanks!

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009

This was a quick read. I suppose I can understand why this series is controversial - it's not all sugar and spice, but there really isn't anything over-the-top.

I can't imagine this book requiring signed parental permission, and I must have missed the part where it promotes homosexuality - unless it's the part where Ms. Summers ends up sleeping in Alice's bed overnight because of bad weather.

Lucky me - this works for my 50 states reading challenge since Alice lives in Maryland, along with some of my very good friends. :)

Maryland is "The Old Line State" - someday I'll find out what that means! Unsurprisingly, this state named after an English queen was one of the original 13 colonies and the 7th to join the union. I don't think I've been there 7 times yet, maybe 5.

Also a banned book release and a release for the Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes challenge (embedded word chin).

Maryland state flag taken from the Flags of the World (FOTW) website and converted to jpg format. All credits for flag graphics are as shown at FOTW.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/24/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Location should say Central Union Church. Added to the bookshelf in the youth room.

I'm so glad you've found this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)