corner corner Barefaced Lies and Boogie-woogie Boasts

Barefaced Lies and Boogie-woogie Boasts
by Jools Holland | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by PussInBooks of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 10/15/2008

status (set by faerie_queene): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by PussInBooks from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Purchased for my NSSHCAS partner - hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Friday, October 31, 2008

Thankyou very much, can't wait to read it, it's going straight onto my pc bookshelf.
Also a big thankyou for the;
Traditional soft Lquorice
Chocolate Brazils
Lipgloss
Bookcrossing stickers.

Journal Entry 3 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fantastic book, thanks so much.

This is now going out on a ray, hope everyone enjoys it.

AgnesXNitt........UK.............post to Europe

annenz...........New Zealand.....
Jean-Sol.........Australia.......

Journal Entry 4 by Safrolistics at Another Bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 09, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/9/2009 UTC) at Another Bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Being posted out to AgnesXNitt.
Don't worry about forwarding this on, unless I can find someone else in Europe who wants it.

Journal Entry 5 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do you know, I had *completely* forgotten about signing up for this one! Oh well! Just as well I polished off Charlaine Harris' 'Definetly Dead' another Sookie Stackhouse novel this morning I guess..
As fate would have it, I am off touring Norfolk with the Big Band I sing with, so I think this will make a very good themed read for the long weekend - Jools Holland to read while I am surrounded by much more accomplished musicians than myself :)
Safrolistics, I take it I send this back to you when I've done with it?

Journal Entry 6 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Read over a couple of evenings in Norfolk - the best of it polished off whilst listening to the Ipswich & Norwich Co-Op Brass Band rehearse pre-our gig with them at Aylsham Church.
An interesting read in parts, but I found it grated on me with Mr Holland's constant name dropping - Sting, Eric Clapton, BB King etc etc. The most interesting bits for me where his family background, and his time working on the Tube in the early 1980's with Paula Yates and Lesley Ash. I also begrudgingly enjoyed his stories of life on the road with Squeeze - aka 'The Blob' - as I didn't want to like the trail of destruction they left in their wake, but admired their style!
As this book is now up for grabs, I shall be seeing who has this on their wishlist in the UK or Europe as I can't afford to send it any further at the moment.
Thanks for the opportunity to read this one Safrolistics :)

Journal Entry 7 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 31, 2009

Off to Sterile in Burnley, Lancs, UK who shouted first when I offered this one up on the Forums.
Will try to post today or tomorrow from either Brampton or Godmanchester Post Office.
Enjoy!

01/08/09 - posted this morning from Huntingdon Post office, 2nd class.

Journal Entry 8 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The book arrived safe and well this morning. Thanks for sending it to me RABCK. I will enjoy this read and pass on in the tradition.

Journal Entry 9 by Sterile at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 22, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (2/22/2010 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Releasing into a bookbox to find a new reader. 22 February 2010

Journal Entry 10 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, March 01, 2010

Taken from TheDunedan's Book Box 2. Will add to my huge TBR mountain!

Journal Entry 11 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not a bad read, I'm not a big fan of biography and autobiographies, but as I've always liked his music I thought I'd give it a go.

Journal Entry 12 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/29/2011 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into Riff's Rather Random Book Box 2.

Journal Entry 13 by faerie_queene at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2011

Received this book as part of a book box. My friend with me at the time of opening the box said he would love to read it so I have given it to him and he promises to release it once he has read it.