corner corner Bluegate Fields

Bluegate Fields
by Anne Perry | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by quinnsmom of Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 23, 2003

status (set by ayngelnc): available

Journal Entry 1 by quinnsmom from Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 23, 2003

available as soon as I've finished.
I'll repost

Journal Entry 2 by quinnsmom from Hobe Sound, Florida USA on Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Well, this was certainly better than the one previous in the series. A boy of obviously good background is found in a sewer, dead. A routine police medical investigation reveals that the boy is suffering from syphillis and has been molested. The investigation leads to the usual round of denials etc from those in the family & their acquaintances in "society," leading Pitt & his wife Charlotte to piece things together themselves.

This goes to cestmoi & poohbear3.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 06, 2003

Thanks quinnsmom. I'll journal again when I've read it and will pass along to Shelley.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Long time between Anne Perry's this time around....(for me that is).

Well for some reason, this took me three tries to get hooked into the story, not sure if it was bad timing the other times, or it was too boring at the start..anyway..I'm half way thru now and enjoying the mystery. It deals with a young man (16 yo) murdered and "homosexually used" before his death. I'm wondering if the word "homosexual" really existed in the Victorian era..for some reason it seems out of place and I didn't think it was actually used as a word til the early 1900's. Will have to figure out how I can find out and report back :)

Anyway, I'll journal again when I've finished the mystery and then of course, this goes on to poohbear3.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I quite liked this one, it had alot more action than the last few I've read and Thomas is as equally involved as Charlotte in solving the murder. Also, there are glimpses into Thomas' and Charlotte's relationship that show how much they mean to each other and how much they respect each other as people and not just spouses.

Giving this to poohbear3 tomorrow and I will start on Ashworth Hall in the next week or so.

Journal Entry 6 by chronicbooker3 from Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 24, 2003

Another for my Thomas Pitt series that Iam sharing with Cestmoi.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 15, 2004

Although I enjoyed the series at first..it wore thin on me after a while..perhaps I tried to read them too close together. I'm sending this off to one of my dearest friends - bc'er - ayngelnc.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by ayngelnc from Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA on Sunday, May 23, 2004

This was much better than the first Anne Perry book I read. Less frou-frou ladies stuff and more mystery. I enjoyed it very much.