corner corner Calgary's Grand Story

Calgary's Grand Story
by Donald Smith | History
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 10/5/2008

status (set by gypsysmom): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back in July, just after the Canada Day challenge was finishing, I signed up to take part in the Alberta Arts Day release challenge put forward by celticoracle. The challenge was to wild release books by Alberta authors anywhere in Alberta. Since we were going to Kananaskis for part of our summer holidays I figured I could release a few books. I ended up releasing three and one of them was Since Daisy Creek by W. O. Mitchell. It deals with an English professor who was mauled by a grizzly and we actually saw grizzlies when we were in Kananaskis. So I released that book there and the Alberta Arts Day group decided it was the best themed release. I received a big box with this book and 4 others as well as 5 CDs and some cool pins as my prize.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Portage & Main in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, November 04, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/4/2011 UTC) at Portage & Main in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I left this book in a BookCrossing baggie next to the Portage and Main sign at the south-west corner. This release is for the Monopoly release challenge - Round 13 for the Train team's City Centre release. Portage and Main is the true centre of Winnipeg and possibly of the universe. Calgary thinks it is the centre of the universe though so this book gives the read a chance to decide.