corner corner How to Eat Fried Worms

How to Eat Fried Worms
by Thomas Rockwell | Children's Books
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 10/5/2008

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 05, 2008

Purchased at the library book sale to include in my banned/challenged book box.

Info on why this was banned can be found here http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/popcandy/2004-09-28-pop-candy_x.htm

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 13, 2008

Into my banned books bookbox this goes!

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

removed from the banned bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 17, 2009

I decided I had to read this before I send it to the winner in the Banned Book Challenge RABCK drawing - Hypen8.

An interesting story that is pretty believable about a boy who makes a bet and the extent he and the person he bets goes to win the bet.

Hard to believe this book was banned or challenged.

Journal Entry 5 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/19/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is being released as part of the Banned and Challenged Book Release Challenge, RABCK Challenge, the Ultimate Release Challenge, and the Reduce My TBR Release Challenge.

Mailed 1st Class with Delivery Confirmation. The confirmation number is: 0308 0070 0000 8025 7156

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Arrived today - thanks very much!

1976 Nēnē Award winner.

This book has been banned for encouraging "socially unacceptable behavior", because of ONE use of the word bastard, and because the father drinks beer.. (Edited to provide a different link since the first one I put here was in an earlier journal entry.)

I remember when a classmate supposedly swallowed a number of tadpoles. On purpose. I wasn't the slightest bit tempted. Somehow I don't think reading this book would *really* make me want to eat worms! :p

Imagine banning all children's books that depict a character drinking alcohol. Like this one. :(

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009

A cute story. I was definitely rooting for Billy, but I'm still not tempted to eat a worm, thanks.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, February 16, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/15/2009 UTC) at Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Phone booth near the ticket office and the Elvis statue (and the ATM).

I'm so glad you've found this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)