corner corner Assassination Vacation

Assassination Vacation
by Sarah Vowell | Travel
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 11/29/2008

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bought at Goodwill to read and release in the wild.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I borrowed the audiobook version of this book from my local library, not remembering that I have had this copy on my shelf for almost seven years! I ended up listening a little and reading a little, as my access to each allowed.

Sarah Vowell has a very unique voice, literally and literarily (not a word, I know, but apt). I'm glad I started the book by listening to it, because her quirky delivery was delightful and when I switched over to the printed copy, her "voice" was unmistakable.

This was a great way to learn a little history and do a little armchair travelling. I look forward to the other Sarah Vowell books on my bookshelf!

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library at Josephine and Barry #12573 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, November 12, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (11/11/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library at Josephine and Barry #12573 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around Noon.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.