corner corner Cowboys Are My Weakness: Stories

Cowboys Are My Weakness: Stories
by Pam Houston | Literature & Fiction
Registered by MaryWit of Seattle, Washington USA on 10/2/2008

status (set by EurekaSally): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by MaryWit from Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, October 02, 2008

Purchased at the Friends of the Library book sale for BookCrossing release. This looks like a great read!

From the cover:

"Here is a powerful new voice in the short story, in twelve tales about wildness. In Pam Houston's wonderful stories sex and hunting are somehow confused, as are humans and animals. People wear skins, the animals speak, and those guys--the ones we all thought were extinct, the ones who once defined what a man was--turn up, very much alive, and eup to their usual tricks. Pam Houston's women know they should know better, but they don't, and the result is a beautiful collection about sexual politics, old and new."

Journal Entry 2 by MaryWit at Golden Gardens in Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, January 10, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/10/2009 UTC) at Golden Gardens in Seattle, Washington USA

Left at the base of the Leif Erikson statue next to the Shilshole Marina, east of the beach

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I was out walking, contemplating life, when I saw the book leaned up against a statue. I had relocated to Seattle only days before and had a strong feeling the book was something that was meant for my reading. I have already read a couple of the short stories and they have definitely resonated with me. I plan to read the remainder of the book, put it back in the bag and place it where I found it.

CAUGHT IN SEATTLE WA USA

Journal Entry 4 by Adamswife on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CAUGHT IN SEATTLE WA USA

Journal Entry 5 by EurekaSally on Monday, January 11, 2010

I come from Montana now and found this book at an awesome artistic hostel in Seattle in December 2009 and since I didn't have time to finish reading it while there it is traveling to NZ with me now in January 2010 and I will release it down under [or up above in the airplane if appropriate!] It is a good read and should apply to NZ as much as Alaska.