corner corner The Island

The Island
by Victoria Hislop | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bookseekerAT of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 9/27/2008

status (set by Johnnyboy7): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bookseekerAT from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, September 27, 2008

Am part way through it already - the story of a young woman returning to the ancestral home of her mother to discover that her family history is closely linked to a former leper colony off the coast of the village.

Journal Entry 2 by bookseekerAT from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, October 04, 2008

Finished reading this during a very relaxing week by the beach. An interesting insight into how life might have been in a leper colony - very different to my preconceptions. Would be interesting to know how factual any of it is. A family saga with an interesting difference.

Journal Entry 3 by bookseekerAT at Village Green in Mission Beach, Queensland Australia on Saturday, October 04, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/4/2008 UTC) at Village Green in Mission Beach, Queensland Australia

Leaving in the Village Green on the picnic tables for someone else to enjoy.

To the finder - welcome to bookcrossing, a way of sharing books and tracking their travels around the world.
I hope you enjoy the book and take the time to let me know what you thought.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, December 05, 2008

We found the book sitting on an empty table with a sticker saying I,m free, not lost please take me and enjoy.
Now my duaghter has read it and I am just about finished and will leave it on an empty table in Cronulla for another person to pick up and enjoy. I found the book interesting although not a book you cant put down, which is how I evaluate the quality of a book.

CAUGHT IN MISSION BEACH QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA

Journal Entry 5 by Johnnyboy7 from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I found the book quite interesting although very tragic and at times drawn out. But not knowing too much about Leprosy, I learnt about the disease and eventual cure. It was also interesting to find that the Cretans were so isolated from actual Greeks.