corner corner Inkheart

Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wandering-B of Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on 9/27/2008

status (set by BooksnBeer): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Saturday, September 27, 2008

From the cover:

"One cruel night, Meggie's father reads aloud from Inkheart, and an evil ruler named Capricorn escapes the boundaries of fiction and lands in their living room. Suddenly, Meggie is smack in the middle of the kind of adventure she has only read about in books. Somehow, Meggie must learn to harness the magic that has conjured this nightmare. Only she can change the course of the story that has changed her life forever.

This is Inkheart, a timeless tale about boooks, about imagination, about life. Dare to read it aloud!"

Journal Entry 2 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Monday, February 09, 2009

What a fun read - great characters, lots of action, and of course, books!

Travelling to the winner of the International Smile Day contest, katrinat.

Journal Entry 3 by katrinat from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, April 03, 2009

Arrived today, many thanks for sending this, I look forward to reading this soon so it can continue its journey. Thanks again and for all the bits with it.

Journal Entry 4 by katrinat from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, June 22, 2009

I loved this read, made me feel like a kid again, I'll be looking out for the next in the series. Requested by another UK bookcrosser who I will be sending it too at the weekend when I can get to the postoffice. Thanks for sharing

Journal Entry 5 by katrinat from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, August 02, 2009

This is going to yorksire-lass then it will be sent to TheDunedan to continue imawinn2's bookring for this book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thanks so much katrinat,I'm looking forward to reading this. I will put on the top of Mt TBR so it sould not be too long before I am able to send it on to TheDunedan.

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 07, 2009

I loved it too,a fun read with lots of interesting characters. I will be adding the sequel to my wishlist at once!
Hope to get this of to TheDunedan within a few days.

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 12, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (9/14/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Hope to be able to get to the post office with this on Monday.

Journal Entry 9 by TheDunedan from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thank you the book arrived this morning. I am looking forward to reading it and will pass it on to the next on the list for imawinn2's bookring once I have finished.

Journal Entry 10 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, September 20, 2009

Many Thanks to katrinat for offering this copy of Inkheart to continue my bookring. It is such a wonderful story that I hated to see my participants miss out on the adventure.

Below is the list of the remaining participants of this bookring.

TheDunedan - Lincolnshire, UK (prefers EUR)
LeishaCamden - Norway (Intl.)
pinkbug1 - Japan
MarcThomas - France (Intl.)
BecksterCa - California, U.S.A. (U.S. only) no reply
back to me - imawinn2 - Wisconsin, USA
Journey Complete

To view the lost copy of Inkheart's journal you can go to:

Journal Entry 11 by TheDunedan from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 10, 2009

I finished this book today.I really enjoyed it and plan to buy a copy for someone I know as a present. I have put the sequel on my wishlist.I liked the excerpts from other books at the start of each chapter and have noted some of those books on my wishlist too.
I will post it on it's travels again once I have the next person's addresss.

Journal Entry 12 by TheDunedan from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This book is now on it's way to the next on the list. I hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 13 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I've already started reading it. :-) Thanks for sharing! I'll journal again when I've finished the book.

Journal Entry 14 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I've been completely forgetting about this book ... !! I'm so sorry! I started reading it, and read and read to be sure to finish it before I went on vacation in England. I didn't want to have to lug this brick along with me to the UK ;-) and especially not since I had almost finished it by then. So I read like crazy to finish it before I left, and I did. But then when I got home, I'm so sorry to say, I forgot about it. Thank you to imawinn2 for reminding me! :-) Here are some thoughts on the book:

I will PM the next in line for their address right away and get the book moving again asap. :-)

Journal Entry 15 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thanks so much for your video review, LeishaCamden. That was really neat! I'm glad you enjoyed the book and hope you get a chance to read the rest of the series. Take care and happy reading!

Journal Entry 16 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 22, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/22/2010 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

The book's on its way to Japan!! :-)

Journal Entry 17 by pinkbug1 at Chatan Town / 北谷町, Okinawa-ken Japan on Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oops, sorry, my mom was visiting for about a week, and I guess I was so distracted I forgot to register that I got this book in the mail. Anyway, I've had it for about a week, and very nearly done with it! I got it from Norway by LeishaCamden, and am almost ready to send it on it's way again =) Rather slow in some parts isn't it?

Journal Entry 18 by pinkbug1 at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, June 24, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/24/2010 UTC) at Paris, Ile-de-France France

Mailed to MarcThomas, ENJOY!

Journal Entry 19 by MarcThomas at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Got it in yesterday's mail. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 20 by MarcThomas at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Monday, July 19, 2010

Started reading yesterday night.

Journal Entry 21 by MarcThomas at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Monday, July 26, 2010

Finished on Saturday. It was a rather good book overall but the characters are way too simple. Each character has only one feature and it's a bit disappointing. I know it's a story for children but it could have been more complex anyway.

PMing BecksterCa so the ring goes on.

Journal Entry 22 by MarcThomas at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (10/5/2010 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Finally on its way back. Sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 23 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inkheart has finished its journey and looks like it has been well loved. I want to thank everyone for participating and sharing their thoughts about this story. I also want to, again, thank katrinat for helping us by donating her copy to help this ring continue. Now, I'll have to figure out where this wonderful story will travel next. :- )

Journal Entry 24 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (7/15/2015 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Sending this book on a journey. It will be hitching a ride in emmejo's Otherworldly Bookbox.

Journal Entry 25 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Selected this book from the OtherWorldly BookBox. wow - this book has been around the world, I will definitely pay it forward.