corner corner New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)

New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)
by Stephenie Meyer | Teens
Registered by wingthegoaliegirlwing of Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

status (set by queenfrog): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Book two in the series. I loved it just as much as the first one!

Journal Entry 2 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Since this book seems so popular, I would like to turn this book into a book ray.

To help ensure that things run smoothly (or that is the plan anyhow), I've put together a few rough guidelines for this one. I know that some people take longer to read a book (busy, got a bunch of books to read before, work, etc)...

1. Please try to have this book read within 3 weeks. I know this isn't possible, but if you make an effort to try that is all I can ask.

2. Please journal when you receive the book.

3. When about halfway through, please contact the next person on the list for their mailing address.

4. Please journal again when you've read the book and it is on its way to the next reader.

5. Have fun! Reading is supposed to be fun!

6. To the last person in the ray: Please keep this book moving... RABCK it, give it to a friend, etc... just please keep it moving once you're done reading it. Thanks!

7. If sending to the same person as the previous book in the series, please double check that they have't moved before sending the book their way. Thanks!

Sending order will be modified as people join in.

The sending order is:
ladybug74-AL (US only)
krl112- NJ (Int)
carelaisa- Canada (N America preferred, Int ok)***skipped***
ajsmom- BC, Canada (Int ok) <---- Book is here

If interested, please PM with your location and shipping preferences (will you ship internationally). I'll PM back. If you don't hear from me, then I didn't get your PM.

Journal Entry 3 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 29, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (11/29/2008 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Book went out today to the 1st reader. So excited that this series is moving along so fast!

Journal Entry 4 by JerrilynnL from Denver, Colorado USA on Saturday, December 06, 2008

Arrived safely in Denver. Looking forward to reading. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by JerrilynnL from Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, January 01, 2009

My last book of 2008! I liked this one better than the first. But the weird thing is I think the Edward/Bella scenes drag on and since there were less of them in this one, I enjoyed it more?? I know those are the main characters and the reason for the storyline but I find myslef pushing through those scenes like it was required reading... In any case, looking forward to the next one. Thanks for sharing these!

This is off tomorrow to ekgv414.

Journal Entry 6 by JerrilynnL at Media Mail, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 04, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/3/2009 UTC) at Media Mail, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Off it goes ...

Journal Entry 7 by ekgv414 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Received today, thanks! I'll start this one as soon as I finish my current book, probably within the next couple days.

Journal Entry 8 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Friday, February 13, 2009

Arrived today! This is just the sort of book I need right now - fun to read and not too heavy or serious. Looking forward to starting it soon, thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just finished this morning! This was just as much of an easy, page-turning read as Twilight. The story really picked up and there was more action than in the first novel. So overall it was fun to read, although I'm really starting to dislike Bella. Her character seems underdeveloped, and I'm constantly wondering how she can get away with being so immature, selfish, and whiny. . . I know that Edward is attracted to her blood, but what makes him attracted to her as a person?!? I also had a problem with the quality of some of the relationships presented. Sam and Emily, for example, are depicted as having a wonderful, loving relationship. However, he has abused her in the past. That's like a woman staying in an abusive relationship because she has a delusion that her partner "didn't really mean to do it," or "was really sorry," or "only did it once or twice." Those kinds of excuses don't really cut it for me. BUT, I understand that this is a fiction. Still looking forward to reading the rest of the series, thanks!

-----------------------

Waiting for an address and will journal again when shipped :)

Journal Entry 10 by Llednyl at BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/25/2009 UTC) at BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Off to zosime in WI

Journal Entry 11 by wingzosimewing from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Two of my co-workers just finished this and keep asking why on earth I haven't read book two yet. I was very happy to find it in my mail box so they can stop hollering at me. Thanks!

Journal Entry 12 by wingzosimewing from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, April 02, 2009

One of my friends warned me that I would hate this book, but it turns out she just has something against Jacob. I thought he was quite charming, so I enjoyed the book just fine. Read it even faster than the first one, I think. Thank goodness I was on vacation and didn't have to worry about the thing making me late for work. I agree that Bella's character is not very well developed, although when I step back how much do I know about any of these characters? Edward is perfect, Bella is clumsy and obsessed with Edward, Jacob is sweet and likes cars . . . all fairly superficial when you get down to it. But the action keeps the story moving and I find I don't miss the depth until long after the book is finished.

Journal Entry 13 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've been anxiously awaiting this book since I finished the first one. I was tempted to buy a copy at one time. I am starting this tonight and should be done with it very soon. Thanks for sharing it!

Journal Entry 14 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, May 14, 2009

I liked some parts of this book very well, then there were other parts that seemed to drag a bit. I had mixed feelings about Jacob's character as I read. I liked him at times and disliked him at times. I also had mixed feelings about Edward's character while reading this book. A teenage girl falling in love with a vampire was one thing, but the other element that was brought up in this book (which I can't mention so I won't spoil it for anyone else) just seemed to make the story even harder to believe. I did enjoy most of the story, but was a bit disappointed in this one because I expected better after reading the first book.

Journal Entry 15 by ladybug74 at USPS, USPS -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 15, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (5/15/2009 UTC) at USPS, USPS -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to krl112 to continue the bookray. I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 16 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Friday, May 29, 2009

Arrived safely today! Thank you for the beautiful bookmark!

I'm just finishing another book right now, and plan to start this one by the end of the weekend. PM'ing the next person in line for their address.

Journal Entry 17 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Monday, June 08, 2009

Just an update: I'm half way through this book (and really loving it!). carelaisa has asked to be skipped, and I have ajsmom's mailing address. I plan to finish and post this book to her within a week.

Journal Entry 18 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Sunday, June 14, 2009

I think I liked this book a little more than Twilight. It was so easy to read, and quite fun. Without giving anything away, this book's plot followed Romeo & Juliet a little bit--which was cute. I've read so many other reader's take on this book, and I found their reviews to be discouraging. The only thing that I think is important to remember is that this is young adult literature and no matter how popular these books are with older women, the characters are teenagers. So, the books are light and there are annoying characters--because teenagers are annoying and annoyed all of the time! lol! I like it, because it is a total escape, and obviously stories about vampires are total fantasy.

I have the next person's address and I'll send this out tomorrow morning. I cannot wait to read the next book! Thanks so much for including me in this spiral!!

Journal Entry 19 by krl112 at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 14, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (6/14/2009 UTC) at A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This is going out to ajsmom in Canada. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 20 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Received today, thank you!

Journal Entry 21 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Friday, June 26, 2009

These books are fun - they're a quick read, they're not too deep (or challenging) and they make me think about the mind of an average teenager. I'm ready for Bella and Edward to sleep together already (!!) but now I'm thinking Meyer wants marriage before sex (she did go to a Mormon university, after all) so I'll have to wait until Book 3 to see what happens. Clearly the average teenager has been perfectly happy with this arrangement, and is just enjoying the Great Romantic Love part of it all. So from my aged perch, I would say, "Go with Jacob!" Bella has no secrets from him, he is her "sun"shine, he can fix stuff and he's Tall, Dark and Handsome. So he's younger than her, so what? Edward's 100 years older than her! This age thing is all starting to seem a little silly...but then again, I'm no teenager! Well done with Book 2, Mrs. Meyer - I am looking forward to the next and last book.

Will PM the next in line now.

June 29 ETA: missgyder has read the whole series so I will be contacting Rebeccaljames.

Journal Entry 22 by ajsmom at Canada, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 13, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/13/2009 UTC) at Canada, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to queenfrog today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by queenfrog from Pugwash, Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This arrived today. Going to wait until I receive books 1 and 4 in the series (which are on their way to me) before I give them all to my daughter in law to read. Thanks so much