corner corner Something Rotten

Something Rotten
by Jasper Fforde | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Nell-Lu of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/7/2010

status (set by Rrrcaron): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 07, 2010

Thanks to Nell-Lu for providing the fourth book in the Thursday Next series. If you haven't read the previous books, you might want to join those bookrays too: The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book and The Well of Lost Plots.

We're starting a bookray for this, as part of The Lost Book project. The Lost Book ran in 2009 and was an animated web series that anyone could help write. It followed the adventures of investigative journalist, and BookCrosser, Aileen Adler and her dog Watson as they tried to solve the crime of a stolen book.

As well as inviting you to help write the web series, we had a creative writing competition to create the stolen book. Jasper Fforde was our special guest writer and set the scene with two intriguing newspaper articles about the book - the journal of a 2004 expedition to Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World.

Bookray
katrinat, UK (Europe)
katacs, Hungary (EU)
KiwiinEngland, UK/Ireland (Europe/Asia/Australisia)
Hayes13, Italy (Int) - asked to be skipped
fritzykatz, Germany (Int assumed)
UnwrittenLibra, USA (Int) - asked to be skipped
leoluvr, USA (USA) - skipped, no reason given
NMReader, USA (USA)
Rrrcaron, USA (USA)

Bookray complete!

If you liked this book, you can join the bookray for the sequel, First Among Sequels.

Journal Entry 2 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 07, 2010

Journal Entry 3 by TheLostBook at By Post, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 10, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/10/2010 UTC) at By Post, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

This will start its journey today... happy reading, everyone!

Journal Entry 4 by katrinat from Southend-on sea, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 19, 2010

arrived last week, thanks for sending

Journal Entry 5 by katrinat at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Finished this a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it, I do love Thursday and now little Friday too. I'm requesting the address today and hopefully should be able to post it Friday when I get back home.
Thanks for sharing x

Journal Entry 6 by katacs at Szeged, Csongrád Hungary on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Arrived today safely. I'm looking forward to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by katacs at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 03, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (9/3/2010 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Ireland.

Journal Entry 8 by kiwiinengland at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Safely received from Hungary, thanks so much for sending it in time for me to read before meeting the Author in Swindon (where the mamouth migration takes place!)

Journal Entry 9 by kiwiinengland at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, October 22, 2010

I have nearly finished this book and will write another journal entry with my thoughts. In the meantime

1) I meet Jasper Fforde at the Swindon Bookcrossing Unconvention in October 2010. An entertaining speaker who had the room laughing for an hour. He signed the book for us all.

2) Hayes13 has asked to be skipped. I've pm'ed fritzykatz for a postal address

Journal Entry 10 by kiwiinengland at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, October 25, 2010

Hmmm, not as enthralling as the previous books. Being back in the real world and trying to gain enthusiasm for a sporting event didn't really appeal to me. I liked the social protocol of the neanderthals but generally not enough was made of the slightly different world Thursday lives in to hold my attention.

Journal Entry 11 by kiwiinengland at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/30/2010 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Posted to fritzykatz in Germany.

Journal Entry 12 by fritzykatz at Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I just got back from a retreat and found this book waiting for me. Thanks so much Kiwiin England!

Journal Entry 13 by fritzykatz at Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Like all of Fforde's bokks,Ii enjoyed this one, too. I'm sending it off to UnrittenLibra!

Journal Entry 14 by fritzykatz at Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, January 21, 2011

I received an E-mail from UnwrittenLibra saying that he has a copy of this book already and I should take him off the list. I will send an E-mail to the next reader (leouvr) and send the book off to the USA.

Journal Entry 15 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 06, 2011

It has arrived. I have added to mount TBR.

Journal Entry 16 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, July 02, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/30/2011 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

As much as I enjoy the series, the idea that I have had it so long and that I might need to move it (due to seeking work), has lead me to send it on unread.

Thanks for including me and for your patience

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0310 3490 0002 4982 8438

Journal Entry 17 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, July 16, 2011

Received this in the mail a few days ago. I'm about half way through...