corner corner The Summer Country

The Summer Country
by James A. Hetley | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on 9/7/2008

status (set by judygreeneyes): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, September 07, 2008

A wandering book -- the karma of literature!

I saw this in the used bookstore the other day and had to buy it for my TBR pile. Charles de Lint rated it as really good, so I have to read it. He said that the story is "like an old Irish whiskey -- dark and smoky, abounding in flavor and detail."

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at Little Free Library in Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego, California USA on Friday, July 20, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (7/20/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library in Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego, California USA

This is a wonderful story, urban fantasy at its best, with just the right mix of urban and fantasy, imperfect characters and magic. I went and found the follow-on book, The Winter Oak, which I also enjoyed.

I left this book today in the Little Free Library on Trail Dust Ave in Rancho Penasquitos, for a new reader to enjoy.

You have in your hands a gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. Thanks for finding this book! I hope you enjoy reading it. Please leave a journal entry and let me know where this book has traveled! It can be done anonymously if you wish :)